First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
Hi,

I am the guy who ask the question and I really appreciate all the input. While I did do some research on it, it is always helpful to hear from folks that been the road.

Sometimes when you ask a question in a different forum, you get snotty replies back from individuals, who say, while don't do your homework or some other remark. Not one of your guys did that and means a lot.

Thanks again

Dave
Sponsored

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hi,

I am the guy who ask the question and I really appreciate all the input. While I did do some research on it, it is always helpful to hear from folks that been the road.

Sometimes when you ask a question in a different forum, you get snotty replies back from individuals, who say, while don't do your homework or some other remark. Not one of your guys did that and means a lot.

Thanks again

Dave
This the cable holder one I use. Smaller than a hose holder and lets you make wider loops than those receptacles with J hook.

Visit the evCHARGEsolutions.com Store
EV Charge Solutions Charger Cable Rack for Electric Vehicle Charging Station Storage J1772 EVSE Cable Holder/Dock/Hanger

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Hung mine from the ceiling with some paracord, a pulley and counterbalance. Counterbalance has just enough weight to retract the charging cord back up high enough to not hit my head on it. Knot in the paracord that can’t get through the pulley prevents the cable from going to high out of reach. It’s always hanging just above my head when I stand by my charger port door.
Mind taking a picture of this setup? I have a bit of garage fun that is in the way to the car (where it will be) and want to do something similar

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Mind taking a picture of this setup? I have a bit of garage fun that is in the way to the car (where it will be) and want to do something similar
Two quick videos showing my rigging. If you have a finished garage, you could run the paracord across the ceiling and have the counterbalance along a wall somewhere.

(and please pardon my outfit. Just finished installing a faucet and it was hot and dirty work)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi,

Thanks again

Dave
I forgot to mention that I use the clippercreek holster because it seems to have a much bigger cover to protect the j1772 from weather if you leave it outside. If it's in your garage pretty much any j1772 holster will do