Hood (Frunk) mis-aligned from factory

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
I have an extended warranty, but am at 33k on my Job 1, and noticed this mis-alignment a few months back (had the car, used for a little over a year.) I've adjusted the pegs under the hood/frunk on both sides to try to make things better, but no luck.

It does not appear that the hood/frunk itself is bent but suspect a hinge might be out of alignment. The good news is that there are no leaks from rain, etc., but I do worry about the integrity of the seal over time.

Has anyone else seen this? It looks like an assembly defect. The car is accident-free.

Going to have the dealer take a look but was curious if there were other ideas as to cause. Thank you!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hood (Frunk) mis-aligned from factory IMG_20230930_071343538_HDR
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It came like that from the factory, but you didn’t notice until now?

OP
OP

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Noticed it about a month in of having it. Just never brought it up with the dealer during routine maintenance. Admittedly lazy on my part.

I bought it used, but it was clean, no accidents (checked myself.)

I'm hoping it's mechanical and not body.

Was just curious if it had been seen before.

Eli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Country flag
Noticed it about a month in of having it. Just never brought it up with the dealer during routine maintenance. Admittedly lazy on my part.

I bought it used, but it was clean, no accidents (checked myself.)

I'm hoping it's mechanical and not body.

Was just curious if it had been seen before.
Good luck with the dealers, they’ve had my car for two weeks now without offering a loaner just to “diagnose” a squeak. Still haven’t given my car back nor have they been able to tell me why it creaks. I guess these cars just aren’t built with that great of quality. It’s a Ford at the end of the day. I love everything else about the car but the experience with several service centers has me convinced that I’ll never purchase a vehicle from ford again. Makes me want to dump mine before the warranty ends.
Sponsored