How bad was my deal?

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
So I bought a Rapid Red AWD Premium MME, could not wait so paid $2k over MSRP. However, when I got to the dealership to take delivery, the Sticker was for $55,100 Vs $55,700 on the website, so the markup was over the lower amount. Any idea what happened here? Did Ford increase prices later?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I’ve seen a lot worse. I don’t like ADM but in cases like this it’s like a cut the line pass. You pay for those at places like Disney. Similar concept. I’ve seen dealers tacking on up to 10k. Your markup isn’t that bad. Not sure about the sticker difference though

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Blue cruise is the hands free driving? Is it out already?
No, they are still testing it.

Once it is released, existing owners will have to cough up $600 for a 3-year subscription. The price will increase $600 for new cars sold from that point on, as it will not be optional.

I kind of like the option of not getting it if I don't want to. We can wait and read the reviews. :cool:

OP
OP

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, they are still testing it.

Once it is released, existing owners will have to cough up $600 for a 3-year subscription. The price will increase $600 for new cars sold from that point on, as it will not be optional.

I kind of like the option of not getting it if I don't want to. We can wait and read the reviews. :cool:
LOL, for a minute I thought I got a less bad deal than I did...

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
So I bought a Rapid Red AWD Premium MME, could not wait so paid $2k over MSRP. However, when I got to the dealership to take delivery, the Sticker was for $55,100 Vs $55,700 on the website, so the markup was over the lower amount. Any idea what happened here? Did Ford increase prices later?
Ext Range? packages? Dealer...

Here is what I think is your car ordered from Gary Yoemans here in Daytona.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How bad was my deal? Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 6.27.54 PM

Same build at Mullinax NSB, a few miles away.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How bad was my deal? Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 6.30.00 PM

Pretty interesting. Guess Ford lets each dealer put in their markup.

Looks like Rapid Red is now a no cost option but Star White costs $600

PonyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Waited 9 months for my Mach E (ordered it online in Sept 2020, to take delivery with local dealer). Car finally arrived yesterday, and salesman just called to arrange for a delivery time. During that call he casually mentioned there will be a $6,000 dealer add-on, despite the originally agreed-upon MSRP price. “We’re doing it with all the new models.” Then he said it might be closer to $3000. I went ballistic. Sheer greed, and really despicable to wait til the last moment to inform me. I called FORD and they confirmed that dealers have the right to do this, though they frown on it. I’m tempted to walk away, just on principal. Then someone else will come in off the street and pay the extra $6,000 for my long-awaited car. BUYER BEWARE!

OP
OP

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Waited 9 months for my Mach E (ordered it online in Sept 2020, to take delivery with local dealer). Car finally arrived yesterday, and salesman just called to arrange for a delivery time. During that call he casually mentioned there will be a $6,000 dealer add-on, despite the originally agreed-upon MSRP price. “We’re doing it with all the new models.” Then he said it might be closer to $3000. I went ballistic. Sheer greed, and really despicable to wait til the last moment to inform me. I called FORD and they confirmed that dealers have the right to do this, though they frown on it. I’m tempted to walk away, just on principal. Then someone else will come in off the street and pay the extra $6,000 for my long-awaited car. BUYER BEWARE!
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that...I negotiated my deal and waited 3 weeks for it, it wasn't a canceled order

jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
yeah contact Mike Levine on Twitter stat. You need some Ford executive firepower here. That’s not cool on an ordered car

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
DON’T walk away. That’s exactly what they want. Then they really could sell it with ADM.

After how long you waited for this, don’t give up so easily. Fight it out and I’ll bet you win. Social media, Ford execs, anything you can think of.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
I paid a $1000 dealer upcharge for a silver Premium AWD, EX on Tuesday. My Infinite Blue is delayed and I actually liked the silver better seeing it in person. I've only had the car three days and am enjoying it so far. With FordPass down for a couple of days it was a bad start but it's all working now and I really like the car.

I was in need of a car and accepted the upcharge but definitely let them know I was not happy about it. The car was 100 miles away and they were upfront about the charge so I do appreciate they weren't hiding it from me but it still doesn't sit right with me.

I have bought 6 Ford vehicles since 2002 and hate to say it but every dealer in some way has tried to, or has, taken financial advantage of me or has cost me money from ignorance about the product they're selling. It's really despicable. I will not be sorry when the dealership model goes away.

I was watching a YouTube video this afternoon from a guy in Colorado talking about how bad his experience was buying his Mach E and thought, I think I should have bought the Tesla out of principal. They should have just pulled a gun on this poor guy! They were trying to rob him.

I don't know if I'll choose Ford next time. Obviously there's a problem at their dealerships because it's been going on for all the years I've been buying Ford products. If we all continue to accept this behavior, then I guess they'll keep doing it.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
I got lucky with mine. Sis works at Ford dealership, so I'm allowed to get her D-plan. The dealership agreed when I put my order in that I absolutely would still get the discount. They stayed true... picked it up yesterday. D-plan discount, plus incentives for using options financing. They're more interested in moving units, than being short sighted, and grabbing mark up money.?
Sponsored