HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Forgive the newbie question. I have a 2023 GT and according to FordPass, the update to 4.2.1 was successful. However, there was no message in the car. I still show 22280_Product and Revision 592. Update Details in the car shows no updates available. How can I confirm that 4.2.1 was installed?
Sponsored

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
You cant, and in a week or so the message about 4.2.1 will fall off. Honestly the only consistent way to track your updates is to comment on the forum thread when your car gets one, and then check back in your post history. You can probably assume that if you have 4.2.1 then you are caught up and dont need older ones, there is also a wiki page that lists details of all updates.

OP
OP
HondaRacer

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
You cant, and in a week or so the message about 4.2.1 will fall off. Honestly the only consistent way to track your updates is to comment on the forum thread when your car gets one, and then check back in your post history. You can probably assume that if you have 4.2.1 then you are caught up and dont need older ones, there is also a wiki page that lists details of all updates.
So there’s no message in the vehicle when an OTA is installed?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So there’s no message in the vehicle when an OTA is installed?
Typically there is, but I didnt get one for 4.2.1 either, I only got a notification it was installed on my phone in Ford Pass. Normally you get that, plus a notification in car. Although in both places those fall off in about a week.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
as far as i understand it, 4.2.1 updated only the GWM (gateway module, if i got it right) so you won't see any change in the SYNC4 version. i can't remember if GWM is shown in the bezel diagnostics but there should be a version bump there.

i don't remember seeing anything in the car but when FP told me there was an update i jumped in the car and started the update (i don't have automatic updates turned on).

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And fyi 4.2.2 is now rolling out to us.
Sponsored