RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
However, if we reach the point of an incapacitated driver behind the wheel of a self-driving vehicle, I still think it's not unreasonable how the vehicle acted in this situation, despite the truly sensational act of a car taking a passed out driver for miles and miles in that state.
In case of an incapacitated driver the car shouldn't keep driving as if nothing happened. It should turn on emergency flashes, perhaps blow the horn, slow down, and call 911.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
In case of an incapacitated driver the car shouldn't keep driving as if nothing happened. It should turn on emergency flashes, perhaps blow the horn, slow down, and call 911.
I agree, but as an interim step, I think the Tesla acted decently by not just letting the vehicle crash.

If this was a ‘standard’ drunk driver crash, the local news may have spent a minimal amount of time on it (probably only if someone had gotten hurt bad or worse), and otherwise everyone would have ignored the story.

But precisely because the car averted that scenario of a drunk driver crash by doing something weird, driving itself a long distance with no conscious driver, Tesla has drawn flack, basically for having done something good in helping the vehicle avoid a bad end to the driver’s poor decision.