How to confirm that the software on MachE Nav is updated with the Tesla chargers available?

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I definitely do not have the Charge assist on my screen. Thanks for the screen shot. This shows me what I don’t have. All my systems are set for automatic update. Maybe that’s the problem.
As far as the Tesla comment you made, Tesla’s software is by far more advanced. If Ford does not get the comments, they will assume all is well. In what universe would an EV manufacturer not include a manual pre-conditioning button?? Easy to do but Ford does not offer it. Wonder why, maybe because you would ditch the Ford nav and use CarPlay. The Ford Nav is so lame, it has had me try to exit emergency exits on the 401. It’s really subpar. So yes, they need to up the game or drop out. I think they are not sure what to do as Tesla and BYD prepare to eat the big 3 lunch real fast.
All I'm saying if you think the Tesla is a superior product, switch. The grass may (or may not) be greener on the other side.

As for Charge Assist, we should all have it by now, so I'm not sure why yours is MIA. As far as I know there was no OTA that added it (the original thread explains it) so I'm not sure why you don't see it.

Maybe post a screen shot of your display?
Sponsored

DubyaB

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e premium
Country flag
Ya I definitely don't have that charge assist app either, just bought the car Wednesday so not sure why.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
All I'm saying if you think the Tesla is a superior product, switch. The grass may (or may not) be greener on the other side.

As for Charge Assist, we should all have it by now, so I'm not sure why yours is MIA. As far as I know there was no OTA that added it (the original thread explains it) so I'm not sure why you don't see it.

This is the issue with Ford, some get updates and others have to manually push the update. It just should work. The experience should be the same with each vehicle but alas, it is not. I see this all the time, missing updates. As far as superior, Teslas, software and battery tech is years ahead of Ford. Efficiency with Tesla is ahead if Ford. They get better or equivalent range with a 76 kW battery as a 91 kW Ford Mache. WTF, so sadly Tesla is better on paper. If I knew as much as I do now, I would be driving a Tesla. Ford seem not committed and that is troubling. Believe me, I wish they were on top of their game. When they scale back production and simple features software wise are a big deal, then you know you’re in trouble.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Ya I definitely don't have that charge assist app either, just bought the car Wednesday so not sure why.
Surprise, surprise. Get use to it, updates are hit and mis. Logic is absent with Ford. One of the first things I was warned in January, don’t expect Ford to listen or act on suggestions. They put a toe in the water but are still mainly an ICE car manufacturer. Applying old thinking to the next generation vehicle. A bit of a mishmash of ideas and commitment

Matstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
my 2021 job 1 doesn’t have Charge Assist neither and my car is at 6.7.0. But the loaner MME 2022 that I currently have, Charge Assist is on the screen.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t have charge assist either. I did get the Tesla charger OTA yesterday.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
my 2021 job 1 doesn’t have Charge Assist neither and my car is at 6.7.0. But the loaner MME 2022 that I currently have, Charge Assist is on the screen.
I rest my case, Ford needs to fix why certain cars get updated and others don’t. I use to own a F150, Ford seemed to have pride in them and was a leader. I am not sure the have the same drive with EV.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
<snip> If I knew as much as I do now, I would be driving a Tesla. </snip>
So why aren't you? You seem extremely disappointed with your car and with Ford. So drive over to the Tesla dealer in Kitchener and buy a M3 or a MY. Then sell you Mach-E.

No EV is perfect. The Mach-E certainly isn't. But if you think Tesla is years ahead put your money where your mouth is. Pony up. Then come back here and tell us how great of a car it is.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
So why aren't you? You seem extremely disappointed with your car and with Ford. So drive over to the Tesla dealer in Kitchener and buy a M3 or a MY. Then sell you Mach-E.

No EV is perfect. The Mach-E certainly isn't. But if you think Tesla is years ahead put your money where your mouth is. Pony up. Then come back here and tell us how great of a car it is.
LOL, I smartly leased the darn thing. Fun story, the car is still not updating correctly. No "charge assist" , if you see all the responses, I am not alone, so I have comfort knowing I have company.
It is impressive how defensive you are over your MachE. Its a silly car that is hit or miss with the updates. The idea of a blog like this is to kick them in the butt when Ford screws up. It is not here to shower them with accolades and pats on the butt.
I am not sure if you checked lately but the depreciation on your EV is brutal. The car is worth $8,000 less now then you paid just a month ago. There is a price war in effect now till some of the players drop out. Ford maybe one of them since they have already scaled back. No a promising sign. As I said, I have leased this bad boy and in the coming years, all I have to do is send it back. So no concern what the future is like with Ford. Frankly, I doubt Ford will be a player in the next 5-10 yrs. They make money on their ICE cars but loose money on the EV. I guess with Trump probably getting back in the US, it will be open season on EV's and things will really go in reverse. I just hope Ford survives to maintain my car for the next 4 yrs.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I still do not have Charge Assist. There seems to be no way to initiate downloading it.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I still do not have Charge Assist. There seems to be no way to initiate downloading it.
Right?? I have the same issue. Put the car on auto update, nothing. Take it off auto update and nothing again. Dumb car says it is up todate, no new updates. I tell you all, hit or miss. This is not rocket science. Come on Ford, get your act together. If I knew this was the way things were to be, I would have skipped over Ford. Total waste of time

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
Just checked today. The tesla chargers that work for us did not show when I looked for chargers in the ford app in the car. However, when I used the ford app on my phone it showed the tesla chargers, location, how many were available. And it said an adapter was required. I have the adapter reserved maybe March. I expect the tesla chargers will show on the in car app before I have my adapter.
at $.45 per kwh it is expensive, but I'll only use it for longer trips.

Love the car.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Correct - to be honest the roll-out was / is weird. When it first dropped I did not have it, and asked which OTA included it. The response was essentially "it's not an OTA"...which is odd. From what I can tell Charge Assist itself is a Web App, which is fine, but I still don't understand how the Icon (which is just a link to our built-in web browser) magically appeared in my App tray a few days later.

When they added new games (which are also Apps) they were included in OTAs. So I'd really like to know how CA gets pushed to cars. It seems like it's just a shortcut which links to the car's web browser, which then fires up the Charge Assist web app.

Every car should have it - makes no sense to me why some don't.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Just checked today. The tesla chargers that work for us did not show when I looked for chargers in the ford app in the car. However, when I used the ford app on my phone it showed the tesla chargers, location, how many were available. And it said an adapter was required. I have the adapter reserved maybe March. I expect the tesla chargers will show on the in car app before I have my adapter.

Love the car.
When you say "Ford app in the car" do you mean Navigation or Charge Assist? AFAIK Supercharger locations are not in Navigation yet, but they are in Charge Assist.

Clear as mud, right?

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag

Love the car.
Same here, I can see the Tesla charge stations on my app because I deleted it and did a re-install. This fixed it, however, the in car app is another kettle of fish. It stupidly says that I am up to date when I know I am missing features. Apparently Feb 22 update is up to date "NOT". LOL
Sponsored