How to know job 1 vs job 2

wattup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, AWD, ER
Country flag
Hello,

I am about to place an order for a car and wondering how I would if my car is job 1 or job 2 model. Browsing around this forum, I realized this is important as the updates depend on that classification.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hello,

I am about to place an order for a car and wondering how I would if my car is job 1 or job 2 model. Browsing around this forum, I realized this is important as the updates depend on that classification.
Job 1 were the early built cars (though around July 2021). If you're placing an order now, it won't be Job 1 or Job 2. It will be a 2022.

OP
OP
wattup

wattup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, AWD, ER
Country flag
Job 1 were the early built cars (though around July 2021). If you're placing an order now, it won't be Job 1 or Job 2. It will be a 2022.
Thank You . I misstated. I am buying a used car. How do i know if it would be job 1 or job 2? and what is difference if you can please educate me.

Thank You in advance.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Thank You . I misstated. I am buying a used car. How do i know if it would be job 1 or job 2? and what is difference if you can please educate me.

Thank You in advance.
Build date before July 2021 is Job 1. VIN less than 43000 is about the cut off for Job 1 vs Job 2. I have 038 and It was a Job 2.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thank You in advance.
Look and see if it has a physical button for turning off traction control next to the headlight dial. If it does, it's Job 2. If it doesn't it's Job 1. That's really the only hardware difference other than the fact that Job 1 cars came with dividers in the frunk. Everything else is just software, and they should eventually be the same. Until there's a software update, Job 1 cars don't have BlueCruise and can't open the frunk electronically.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP
wattup

wattup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, AWD, ER
Country flag
Build date before July 2021 is Job 1. VIN less than 43000 is about the cut off for Job 1 vs Job 2. I have 038 and It was a Job 2.
Thank You!

OP
OP
wattup

wattup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, AWD, ER
Country flag
Look and see if it has a physical button for turning off traction control next to the headlight dial. If it does, it's Job 2. If it doesn't it's Job 1. That's really the only hardware difference other than the fact that Job 1 cars came with dividers in the frunk. Everything else is just software, and they should eventually be the same. Until there's a software update, Job 1 cars don't have BlueCruise and can't open the frunk electronically.
Yes - it does have a traction control button next to headlight dial. Thank You!

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wait, I want a traction control button. Now I feel left out.

CottonHill

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I haven’t checked the door, but from what I’m reading, I have a job 2 car. I got mine off the lot, but new. I have the traction control button, but electronic opening of the frunk?! I have a select AWD without the tech and comfort package. So, is that just a package/trim thing, in regards to the frunk?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t checked the door, but from what I’m reading, I have a job 2 car. I got mine off the lot, but new. I have the traction control button, but electronic opening of the frunk?! I have a select AWD without the tech and comfort package. So, is that just a package/trim thing, in regards to the frunk?
If you have the physical button for traction control, your car is Job 2. You should be able to pop the frunk from the Access section on the center screen or from the FordPass app. Those aren't enabled yet on Job 1 cars.
Sponsored