How To Re-Save your profile?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I can not find a place to re-save updates to your profile. I can delete it, I can create a new one, but suppose I just want to change one setting and re-save it. For the life of me I can't find that option anywhere. Any ideas? thx
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I can not find a place to re-save updates to your profile. I can delete it, I can create a new one, but suppose I just want to change one setting and re-save it. For the life of me I can't find that option anywhere. Any ideas? thx
I think all you need to do is, once you make the changes, press and hold the memory button number assigned.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
ok, I think i got how it is supposed to work from the manual, but they don't really work like this says very well. Settings wander.

Positional settings are saved by holding a memory seat button.Non-positional settings are saved you change a setting while a profile is active

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Based on the details in the car, any of the sync-based settings (Radio, drive mode, etc) are saved once you make that change.

Only the seat positions require you to hold on the respective profile button on the door.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It doesn't remember settings very well. For instance, there is a setting to how many rows of favorite Sirius channels. if I set 5, in my profile, it shows 3 and no scroll, oh but wait, every now and then it shows 5. There are other little things, It's just very flaky.

But, this sytem of auto save is filled with flaws. Suppose you want to make a temp change on anything. With this sytem you have to then remember what the old setting was and return to it or the new temp setting gets added to your profile. That's insane. Just put a proper "Save" button on the profile for gods sake! Then problem solved. Re-save anytinme you want, but interim changes don't get saved. What a hot mess. trying to get used to the current setup, but it's counter intuitive.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It doesn't remember settings very well. For instance, there is a setting to how many rows of favorite Sirius channels. if I set 5, in my profile, it shows 3 and no scroll, oh but wait, every now and then it shows 5. There are other little things, It's just very flaky.

But, this sytem of auto save is filled with flaws. Suppose you want to make a temp change on anything. With this sytem you have to then remember what the old setting was and return to it or the new temp setting gets added to your profile. That's insane. Just put a proper "Save" button on the profile for gods sake! Then problem solved. Re-save anytinme you want, but interim changes don't get saved. What a hot mess. trying to get used to the current setup, but it's counter intuitive.
the average person does not want a "save" button because they will never remember to hit it.

using preset as an example - every time you save a radio preset, you want to then have to hit another "save" button to make it remember the preset? of course you don't, even if you say you do, because literally nobody expects two steps to save a preset like that any more than they expect the Spanish Inquisition.

there do seem to be issues with autosave not working, but putting a button there doesn't solve them. it just changes it from a bug to a permanently broken design that everybody everywhere will hate.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
the average person does not want a "save" button because they will never remember to hit it.
will hate.
Ok, but I'll respectively disagree. It's harder to remember to undo the temp setting so as not to save it and loose what was there to begin with. Every high end car I have had lately has a save feature. I guess if you get used to auto save then fine, but I personally don't like it one bit.
Sponsored