Huge screen with zero Entertainment options !

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
One thing that is a plus with Tesla along with the entertainment apps and web browser is $10 a month premium connectivity... no data limit.
Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I am at a loss as to why anyone is sitting in their car for long enough to feel the need to have entertainment options on the car's screen. Maybe it is just me, but I can think of no situation why I would ever feel the need to use the screen in such a way.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I am at a loss as to why anyone is sitting in their car for long enough to feel the need to have entertainment options on the car's screen. Maybe it is just me, but I can think of no situation why I would ever feel the need to use the screen in such a way.
Road trip. DCFC. Third Walmart DCFC of the day and this one is in Lovelock Nevada.

Bio break is done that killed 1.2% of the 70% charge you need.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Charging for 30 - 40 minutes every few hours on a long trip, I can see why you'd want some distractions. While an ipad or other tablet would be a fair equivalent, I foresee Ford adding entertainment options over time.

Just like with Tesla, Ford went with basic functionality first, and they'll (probably) add other goodies later. Threads like this (and other similar threads) will draw Ford's attention to it.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Well, I heard from Jim bob in Arkansas and Jethro in Idaho that the next OTA updates will be having all the entertainment you could want on your mache big screen.

He sent me this. Said it's way better than Netflix. I don't know, can't wait to try it out when the OTA comes out.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I hope you were sarcastic... Otherwise - I am at a loss even more...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Well, I heard from Jim bob in Arkansas and Jethro in Idaho that the next OTA updates will be having all the entertainment you could want on your mache big screen.

He sent me this. Said it's way better than Netflix. I don't know, can't wait to try it out when the OTA comes out.
the Mach-E has a console knob, not a shifter stick.

wait, what are we talking about?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyone else getting super bored while charging ?? We have this huge screen in the car but hardly any entertainment option on it other than music!
I also have a Tesla with Netflix, Plex, games, Youtube, etc.
why put a huge screen in the car and use it as a radio ??
Did anyone try Car PlayAI box in theMach E? I would buy it if someone confirms that it works .
https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005001490150523.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.2aee65942IPTWW&browser_id=260518d6db424cf3acf5e83f3a053e61&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=0011761b670f35100717ce71878704bb11fda54831&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hcb2ca91e5aa84937bf1b8eb274cfe0e0f.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 10.25.33 PM

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Right now, because of the pandemic, many indoor dining/eateries and coffee shops are closed, forcing people to sit in their cars. It is a lot more relaxing to sit in some coffee shop, stretch the legs and walk around a bit on long trips than to sit in the same cramped space.
Hopefully by July things will be back to the good old days.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
I was eating lunch in the car this weekend and for the very first time it occurred to me why Netflix on the center screen would be so sweet. The thought passed and I enjoyed my burrito regardless but I certainly would not object to having the option to stream a show in the car.