Hyperdip review

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I wanted to inform the forum of my experience using Hyperdip, which is a very hyped product, as something that completely overtakes plastidip, and marketed as very easy to apply. For some background, this was probably my 50th spray painting project over a lifetime of DIY projects, and you will see why this context is important. I prepared myself by watching, as I normally do in advance of a project, probably about 30-40 hyperdip videos starring a dude named Fonzie, and other customers. I followed their instructions to a T. That being said, the project turned out very poorly, spent an entire day first putting it on and then pulling it off. The issue was the cans kept sputtering and splattering paint all over the tires, leading to poor results. The first can was fine, the rest weren't. I contacted customer service at DYC and their response was disappointing to say the least. After much back and forth, and sending them pictures, etc. their reps basic response was, he had expertly determined (from a picture of the cans) that my technique was faulty. Specifically, how my finger was sitting on the actuator. How he could possibly figure that out was beyond me and the best he could offer me was a small discount on more purchases. I told him that I don't intend to spend good money after bad.

My takeaway is this is a company that doesn't stand behind its products and they don't give a shit about their customers. Caveat emptor and buyer beware. I know that many on this forum have mentioned about how they plan to plastidip their tyres, but I would strongly suggest buy from a different vendor AND use a different brand. Happy to answer any questions.
Sponsored