Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
UPDATE:
For DIY stripes, I might say to avoid touch less car washes. Tried one out today and one of the water jets was SO powerful that it pressure washed one of my rear stripes to pieces. If I ever need to strip old paint, I’m taking it to this car wash.

8A54DB46-59DC-4D75-8F3F-59425B348C0A.jpeg

It may be my fault that I didn’t get the vinyl down well enough? It is definitely my fault that I tried to get away sipping the hand wash.

I don’t blame StripeSource nor the VVIVID vinyl. But I am having anxiety about how long it may take me to get a replacement piece to redo it.

Just wanted to share to help others avoid my mistakes.
Damn that sucks all the hard work

But you now know that carwashing is not a good thing!

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Damn that sucks all the hard work

But you now know that carwashing is not a good thing!
Not terribly upset because my wife’s stripes, being the second ones we did, turned out so much better than mine. This gives me a chance to redo that section at least.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Love this! I have a black premium and now I want to have this done!
Thank You. You should check my other threads for all that’s been done to the car. (And the wife’s)

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Automated car washes are not good for the paint on your car. You're either just smearing other people's built up dirt around and scratching your clearcoat or getting sprayed at too-high pressure with too-abrasive chemicals. I found a SiO2 infused waterless wash and similarly infused wax. No swirls or tiny lines in my paint, cheaper than a few runs through a [color][animal] car wash, and I don't have to wait in line. Looks like I got a ceramic coating (hydrophobic, extra shiny, etc), I'm out about $50 for the wash, wax, and a few microfiber towels.
Ford Mustang Mach-E I got STRIPES!! UPDATE ? 20210404_164206_2

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E I got STRIPES!! UPDATE ? 50DC556E-5EF1-4D06-91B1-3AB887265E86

stripe has been repaired.While StripeSource seems to be back on their game, I also ordered an 2’x5’ section of vinyl on Amazon just in case. No surprise that Amazon delivered first but my spare striping from StripeSource should be here Monday.
Since I had a few minutes today, I went ahead and made my own striped patch. Not too challenging to line up the knifeless tape with the already existing stripes above and below.
@LEvilewoman helped with holding and running the heat gun and the whole thing took about 20 minutes.
We’re back in business folks. ?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E I got STRIPES!! UPDATE ? 50DC556E-5EF1-4D06-91B1-3AB887265E86

If I was getting black, I wanted some color. The wife was onboard. So today, after getting my custom order from StripeSource.com, I have stripes.
My first time ever doing vinyl. So if you get close, it’s not perfect. But I’m pretty proud of my work and think my Mach-E now looks better than yours.
Black Mach-E, Red Calipers, Red Super Snake stripes. Maybe some black rims when it’s time to get some snow tires, but for now, I can rock this.

Nice job. ?