RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is not an issue, but rather a resolution to an issue I thought I just had, plus I'm bored and wanted to share.

So for months I have enjoyed the welcome glow of the puddle lights when I go out into my garage in the morning. Last week there was an update, and ever since that update I have not seen the puddle lights. So this morning I decided to investigate, and before posting a "Puddle lights not working after update" post, I Googled the forum for puddle lights and came across a thread talking about them, and one response quoted the user manual about conditions where they come on, and one of the conditions was "when the mirrors were folded", then it hit me. On update day, I went on a day trip with a friend, and whenever I would pop into a place for some drinks or snacks and she would stay in the vehicle, I would have to remember to use the FOB to unlock the MME after it locked when I walked away, or, as in the first time, the alarm went off when they moved (apparently it doesn't matter if you say "Yes" to turn off motion sensors?). So after doing that about 3 times I finally just turned off Lock on Walk Away. So now it no longer locks in my garage when I walk away, and therefore, the mirrors aren't folded, and hence, no puddle lights.

So thanks to those steps, I was able to resolve my issue without having to post a rambling stupid post (and yes, I see the irony 🤣)
Sponsored