Automatic Wiper Problem

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
The windshield wipers on our 2021 MME Premium randomly turn on once for a single pass. This most frequently happens at start up, or a few minutes after start up. There is no moisture on the window, and the car is garaged so there's no possible way that moisture can be triggering this when the car is started in a dark garage. It usually does not occur more than once during a driving session. I've cleaned the hell out of the windshield thinking that dirt might be confusing the sensor, but that did not help.

It's a minor annoyance, but the concern is that the wipers will scratch the dry windshield. Anyone experience this problem?
I have also experienced this and it seems to be happening more frequently.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’ve had this happen on almost every vehicle I’ve ever owned with auto wipers. I’ve gotten used to turning them off when not using. So simple, just reach over and push the lever down.
Yeah, if you Google "automatic wipers startup" you'll find that this problem crosses makes and models and has been an issue for years. I perused several other forums on the issue and nobody ever found a clear explanation or solution other than to turn them off. Some blamed the control stalk, but that is almost certainly not the issue. It's got to be something with an overly sensitive sensor getting getting tricked.
Sponsored