Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The acoustic glass was dropped by Ford without compensation between my order date and the build. It was a special glass designed to dampen exterior sound. It was used in the front side windows. Hands free tailgate was also dropped without compensation. Park assist was changed to a prep kit with a $325 credit.
You can re-enable the hands-free tailgate on 2022s. Takes about 5 minutes with FORScan.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
You can re-enable the hands-free tailgate on 2022s. Takes about 5 minutes with FORScan.
Only on some. Not all of them have all the needed hardware for it. They disabled it on on 2022 but some are going to be missing the hardware due to chip shortage. My guess is the later 2022 are going to be missing the hardware needed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Only on some. Not all of them have all the needed hardware for it. They disabled it on on 2022 but some are going to be missing the hardware due to chip shortage. My guess is the later 2022 are going to be missing the hardware needed.
I don't think the reason was ever actually confirmed by Ford. Have we seen reports of any 2022s that have shipped without the required hardware?

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
My minivan—not so small and nimble.
The only thing that saves ours is it's a hybrid, so the electric motor cleans up a lot of the mechanical ICE slop. In the end, I prefer it to my wife's old (but still here) tricked out Q7.

She used to call me a moron for complaining about the slop in an ICE, until she got her Taycan. Now she complains about the Q7 as much as I do. EVs are just better, all the way around.
Sponsored