Ikon rear diffuser install instructions?

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
So I bought the IKON motor sports rear diffuser. Before doing so they told me it mounts using factory mounting points. I asked for instructions they said they had none, which I found super weird.

so now I have the diffuser in my hand and there isn’t a single mounting hole in it. It came with 4 self taping screws and some double sided stick tape.

has anyone installed this ? Did you have to drill into the rear bumper to install this? I’m not okay with drilling into a 1500 dollar bumper.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ikon rear diffuser install instructions? EDF90F8B-CB91-40BC-9A8B-30A3BDFA8D15

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ikon rear diffuser install instructions? 64E60AA8-00D4-4BD5-AFB4-98B376097609

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Hope you find the answers you seek - plz keep us updated as this item is something i am looking to get in the future.

Rick65

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
will this diffuser help the aerodynamics of the car and hence improve driving efficiency? Asking as I don't know but interested.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
will this diffuser help the aerodynamics of the car and hence improve driving efficiency? Asking as I don't know but interested.
No.

Real underbody diffusers don't improve efficiency, they increase downforce so high speed cars can hug the road better. They do this with better efficiency than wings or spoilers, but they don't increase efficiency.

These don't even do that. They're entirely for looks.

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I’m on the fence about sending this back. It was $229.00 dollars and the manufacture

1. (ikon) gave excuses that they can’t provide installation instructions because they make to many products and can’t be expected to write instructions for every product.

2. lied about product installing to factory mounting points

3. provided a total of 4 screws and double sided stick tape to keep it in place.

the customer service rep while nice and polite really knew nothing about the product and was unable to provide any help. First experience with ikon motor sports. Not impressed.

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
Typically all of this stuff is just attached with double sticky tape. I've seen lips and diffusers to additionally come with these kind of plastic screws, but like you said, probably not a good idea to actually use those.

I don't think I've seen any exterior mods for the Mach-E that are not just installed with double sticky and taping it on top of the existing car parts. There's never any step of removing something first, if that's what you're actually asking.

It seems like IKON just sells the exact same cheap stuff you can find all over Amazon. It's all double sticky tape and plastic screws haha. To me it looks like IKON is not selling anything original actually. You can find the exact same products on Amazon from those sketchy Amazon sellers with random names. This seems to be the same product as yours for half the price. Sorry to tell you. 😬 At least they use the same product picture as IKON and the car and parking lot is also the same as in this picture on the IKON website (not the car picture you posted).

So no surprise they can't help you with it. Probably no one that actually works for IKON has ever seen any of their parts in person lol. Not sure how it actually works, but I don't think too well of Amazon sellers and their business model, and this company doesn't look to be any different even though it's not on Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Typically all of this stuff is just attached with double sticky tape. I've seen lips and diffusers to additionally come with these kind of plastic screws, but like you said, probably not a good idea to actually use those.

I don't think I've seen any exterior mods for the Mach-E that are not just installed with double sticky and taping it on top of the existing car parts. There's never any step of removing something first, if that's what you're actually asking.

It seems like IKON just sells the exact same cheap stuff you can find all over Amazon. It's all double sticky tape and plastic screws haha. To me it looks like IKON is not selling anything original actually. You can find the exact same products on Amazon from those sketchy Amazon sellers with random names. This seems to be the same product as yours for half the price. Sorry to tell you. 😬 At least they use the same product picture as IKON and the car and parking lot is also the same as in this picture on the IKON website (not the car picture you posted).

So no surprise they can't help you with it. Probably no one that actually works for IKON has ever seen any of their parts in person lol. Not sure how it actually works, but I don't think too well of Amazon sellers and their business model, and this company doesn't look to be any different even though it's not on Amazon.
There are two product finishes. Matte and Painted glossy black. The one linked from amazon is matte. The Painted one cost more. In any case I am sending it back. Not the level of quality I am looking for on my Mach-e.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yeah. I looked at those but I'm not about to blast self taping screws as the way they attach. 30 day return from them.

Starscrean

First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I’m putting one on mines this weekend. I plan on using better double stick. Silicon and a heat gun won’t be going anywhere. I’ve put on plenty of spoilers without drilling holes. Prefer the no hole way
Sponsored