Indianapolis Service Departments (Any luck?)

surjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE Route 1
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm wondering if anybody knows or has had luck with getting reliable EV service in the Indy area? I have struggled to make any progress with a few dealers, so far.

Right now, my MachE is having the false alarm/door open issue. I'm aware of the SSM thats been posted in multiple threads on here that seems to be the source and resolution for most.

I went to Tom Wood Ford, first, but the vehicle sat there for 3 weeks without them doing anything. They didn't even diagnose it, citing a lack of technicians. I finally had to just go get it and take it to another dealer (Don Hinds). Now, I was able to get it in and looked at quickly here. I showed the tech the SSM about the seemingly similiar/same issue and they wrote it down. At the end of the day, they said they could not reproduce the issue and that they looked into the SSM and it did not apply to my vehicle.

The false alarms continue to happen. I've been in contact with Ford directly through this site and have a case open with them. We've been trying to reschedule service with their coordination, but so far have been stonewalled by the dealer.

This is making me think its impossible to get any kind of reliable service in the area, but I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck with another service department in the Metro area? I'm trying to avoid having to physically go through every one of them until I can find somebody who is able, and willing, to help.
Sponsored

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
You might give Ray Skillman Ford a call; they are located in Greenwood. I bought my 2022 MME Select from them last July. We drove up from our home in West Tennessee to pick it up. Derek Young and Service Manager were great explaining the features of the MME. Obviously, I haven't had any experiences with it getting serviced there but we had one of the best car buying experiences with them. It can't hurt to call IMO. Good luck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm wondering if anybody knows or has had luck with getting reliable EV service in the Indy area? I have struggled to make any progress with a few dealers, so far.

Right now, my MachE is having the false alarm/door open issue. I'm aware of the SSM thats been posted in multiple threads on here that seems to be the source and resolution for most.

I went to Tom Wood Ford, first, but the vehicle sat there for 3 weeks without them doing anything. They didn't even diagnose it, citing a lack of technicians. I finally had to just go get it and take it to another dealer (Don Hinds). Now, I was able to get it in and looked at quickly here. I showed the tech the SSM about the seemingly similiar/same issue and they wrote it down. At the end of the day, they said they could not reproduce the issue and that they looked into the SSM and it did not apply to my vehicle.

The false alarms continue to happen. I've been in contact with Ford directly through this site and have a case open with them. We've been trying to reschedule service with their coordination, but so far have been stonewalled by the dealer.

This is making me think its impossible to get any kind of reliable service in the area, but I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck with another service department in the Metro area? I'm trying to avoid having to physically go through every one of them until I can find somebody who is able, and willing, to help.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

surjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE Route 1
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I already have a case open with you/Ford directly. My contact has also attempted directly calling some of these service departments without luck, which is why I'm trying to see if there's actually a service dept. in the area that actually wants to service EV vehicles (and his capable of it).
Sponsored