horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
@horsiedad How is the homemade hole cover working out for you? Stealth Hitch advised me today that they will be making these available for order next month and I was thinking about the cover like you made. Would you do anything different?
I've since sold the car, replacing it with a MME GTPE. The hole cover worked fine while I had the car. It was very much a kludged homemade solution, but there isn't anything I would change about it. The cover consisted of two layers of rubber: the larger flexible layer went inside the bumper, while the smaller stiffer layer was sized just slightly larger than the hole. IT kind of made a sandwich with the bumper cover in the middle. The metal frame behind the bumper provided just enough pressure to keep it all in place. I glued on a plastic mini-mag flashlight holder ring in order to insert/remove the cover.
Sponsored

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
I’m looking into the Torklift Ecohitch. It ain’t cheap. But the website specifically says it’s for the Mach e. I’m hoping with this one, the install doesn’t require cutting pieces off my car. One of the things that appeals to me about the Ecohitch, aside from the fact that it’s made in USA, is that the receiver is stainless steel. We have a 10yo hitch on another car, and it’s pretty rusty, as is the bike rack. BTW, does anyone know if a bike will fit inside the car without having to take the front wheel off?

As for the bike rack, I’m looking into the 1Up. A friend has it and it’s super cool looking. It’s made of anodized aluminum, so no rust, and even in the up position, it doesn’t block access to the liftgate. BTW< it’s also made in USA.

The bad news: I think there’s a really long wait for both.
I love the eco hitch. It's connection points are super burly, but you've gotta cut some plastic, just like with any hitch. It's pretty hard to mess up though. Just pay a shop to do it if you don't trust yourself, Then you'll have someone else to be mad at if it's not perfect.

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag