Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Never understood purpose of these wind/rain deflector's.

For me it ruins the look of the vehicle.

When you have air conditioning and heat, there is no reason to open the windows.

Dan
If you live in the Southwest, and have to park in the sun for more than 20 minutes, it is super nice to crack the windows to reduce cabin heat, and keep out the *likely* 10 minute thunderstorm that can pass thru almost any afternoon....
Sponsored

roadshow

First Name
roadshow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford. Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We're you able to eliminate the wind noise?
Was the small gap a product defect, or just a miscalculation during the installation?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just installed the window wind/rain deflector kit on my CaRt1.

20210410_112111[1].jpg

Updated with some feedback from later in the thread:

Semi transparent, and a bit darker than the window tint. Have driven pretty fast, yes they stay on. They attach to the black molding above the windows, just make sure to use the provided alcohol swabs. I like that they do not bulge away from the window. Very streamlined. One minor complaint is a bit of noise if I leave the widow down an inch at highway speeds, but goes away with the windows closed. I think I can eliminate that, though, and will post a photo of the fix if it works. Photo shows a gap right at the leading edge.

20210415_161209-jpg.jpg

20210415_161950-jpg.jpg

20210410_112111[1].jpg
and how are they holding up ?

These are the Ford ones?
Any others available worth considering?

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Just installed the window wind/rain deflector kit on my CaRt1.

20210410_112111[1].jpg

Updated with some feedback from later in the thread:

Semi transparent, and a bit darker than the window tint. Have driven pretty fast, yes they stay on. They attach to the black molding above the windows, just make sure to use the provided alcohol swabs. I like that they do not bulge away from the window. Very streamlined. One minor complaint is a bit of noise if I leave the widow down an inch at highway speeds, but goes away with the windows closed. I think I can eliminate that, though, and will post a photo of the fix if it works. Photo shows a gap right at the leading edge.

20210415_161209-jpg.jpg

20210415_161950-jpg.jpg

20210410_112111[1].jpg
What was your solution to the small gap that make wind noise over 40mph in my case. I’m thinks some black stick and peel silicone.

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What was your solution to the small gap that make wind noise over 40mph in my case. I’m thinks some black stick and peel silicone.
Your idea sounds better. I used black gorilla tape.

outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium AWD-ER
Country flag
Did you notice any change in range with these?

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you notice any change in range with these?
I do not notice any range change, but not an engineering answer, too subjective and too many variables to properly analyze. From a drag standpoint, they are not wider (thicker?) than the frame, so frontal area is not increased. Seems to me that they are designed to minimize disturbances of the wind flowing past the windows while driving. I believe Ford did a good job on the design with respect to air flow/drag.

Like others have mentioned, my sole motivation is to be able to leave windows down an inch or more on sunny days only. I never lower the windows while driving - too smelly from all the ICE and dirty diesel smoking polluters still remaining in SoCal. {I am thrilled now to be able to also close the outside air vents (recirc on) without having to revisit the climate settings every few minutes, since the OTA update last year.} Lowering the windows an inch while parked in the sun works great to keep cabin temp from climbing much higher than ambient. With these trim pieces installed, I believe they also act to inhibit potential thieves from making a futile attempt to enter the car. You can't readily see that the windows are down at all from a few feet away.

After almost 2 years, they are holding up well.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I just added these in-channel wind deflectors from AutoHuas on Etsy... see pics.

AUTOHUAS
AUTO ACCESSORIES

Florida, United States

2,919 Sales | 4.5 out of 5 stars

The AUTOHUAS people are based in Florida, and the shipment came within a week. However, the wind deflectors themselves are made in Poland (see maker tag on one of the attached pics).

Wind noise is negligible around town. When opened for "pet mode" without being visibly open to the passerby, the front wind deflectors provide an airflow one can feel inside the cabin when parked in the sun on a warm day.

Unfortunately because of the sloping angle on the back edge of the rear window, when the rear window is cracked it's pretty visible to anyone.

I'm happy with these, after several days.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit Window wind deflector from Etsy - front window invisibly cracked open

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit Window wind deflector from Etsy - from outside pet mode

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit Window wind deflector from Etsy - inside pet mode

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit Window wind deflector from Etsy - inside pet mode 2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit Window wind deflector from Etsy - actual manufacturer label

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
Look great on the black.
I have a red MME and appreciate seeing them on the original post.

have had em on 3 previous vehicles. The intent is now rain gutters are so prehistoric - these serve a similar function preventing rain falling on the interior door trim at drive thrus, etc.
Never fulfilled that function for me. So i've learned my lesson not to buy them anymore.

I dont see the benefit of em.

Stoy333

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Your idea sounds better. I used black gorilla tape.
Hello.
I had my strips put on a few weeks ago and it sounded like my window was cracked open while driving 25+mph when all windows were up. I had a ford mobile tech come out and he took them off/put them back on and added padding or something but I’m still getting the wind sound (granted not as loud but still noticeable).

You both mentioned solutions to the wind sound. Where did you stick black gorilla tape? I have my stuff scheduled to go back to the dealer to get “fixed” but if I can do it myself it would be ideal! Thank you!

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
At the low front of the front seat window there is a gap that lets air through. I cut the tape to cover that hole.

Stoy333

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
At the low front of the front seat window there is a gap that lets air through. I cut the tape to cover that hole.
Thank you!

I know where you’re talking about. The gap that’s pictured in this thread. Up near the side mirrors.
So odd Ford manufactured these things with a gap that causes wind to rush through. A wind guard causes more wind. At least they look really good! I have been going back and forth about leaving them on or taking them off. I am going to try to patch the gaps and hopefully that takes care of it. Thanks again!

Mach-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Had to slot them so that they went around that piece directly in the middle
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 1000000470
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 1000000471
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 1000000475

Wolfy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD Premium
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
HI look good I have had similar on many of my cars , what is the noise of them my last car they gave quite a bit of wind noise so I was wondering what these ones are like
Sponsored