Ioniq 5 vs Mach E Interior Space

Mach_Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: '22 MME CR1 AWD ER
I have an order for CR1 but wanted to test drive a MME to confirm that I will like it, and also compare it to the Ioniq 5 which has recently caught my eye from reading posts on this forum. I drove the Ioniq Limited first and was very impressed by the interior space which is a huge selling point for me and the overall tech of the car (minus the lack of wireless Android Auto). I then drove a MME Select AWD to get a feel of the car and overall impression. I was surprised at how cramped it looked and felt compared to the Ioniq. Especially in the back seat and the smaller view through the rear window.

My questions is does it really seem that cramped in the MME? Or is it just the way it feels? After driving the two I'm seriously considering the Ioniq because of the cramped feel in the back seat and the Mustang. Overall I didn't feel as excited after driving the MME as I did with the Ioniq, and thought for sure I would still be sold on getting a MME after driving one. I guess it was a good thing I test drove both!
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
A Select vs Premium is going to feel way more basic to begin with, but the room is the same. But you should get the one that feels best to you. That's what's important. Everyone has different criteria.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The MME is luxury and spacious to me and my guests that ride in the back coming from Honda and Subaru. I hardly use the rear window...side mirrors and back-up camera on the MME are great. Not sure about the comment about a Select feeling way more basic than a Premium....seem similar to me (beyond sound system) when you add in the Comfort and Technology package to the select. For the Ionic 5....the body style doesn't appeal to me...I see shaper lines and seems more like a Ford Edge style. All personal preference.

Red Baron

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 2WD Standard Range
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I have an order for CR1 but wanted to test drive a MME to confirm that I will like it, and also compare it to the Ioniq 5 which has recently caught my eye from reading posts on this forum. I drove the Ioniq Limited first and was very impressed by the interior space which is a huge selling point for me and the overall tech of the car (minus the lack of wireless Android Auto). I then drove a MME Select AWD to get a feel of the car and overall impression. I was surprised at how cramped it looked and felt compared to the Ioniq. Especially in the back seat and the smaller view through the rear window.

My questions is does it really seem that cramped in the MME? Or is it just the way it feels? After driving the two I'm seriously considering the Ioniq because of the cramped feel in the back seat and the Mustang. Overall I didn't feel as excited after driving the MME as I did with the Ioniq, and thought for sure I would still be sold on getting a MME after driving one. I guess it was a good thing I test drove both!
Here are the specs:

Ioniq 5 Mach-E
Front Head Room 39.8 in. 38.9
Front Hip Room 53.9 in. 55.4
Front Leg Room 41.7 in. 41.7
Front Shoulder Room 57.7 in. 57.6
Rear Head Room 38.7 in. 38.3
Rear Hip Room 53.6 in. 53.3
Rear Leg Room 39.4 in. 38.1
Rear Shoulder Room 57.7 in. 55.9

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ioniq 5 is definitely much roomier then MME..... However to me it felt like a bus.... IMO MME has exactly right interior space.
Y is a little smaller inside then MME

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag

you can add wireless AA with AAwireless. thats what I will do for my ioniq

Chris McD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza, Honda Civic
Country flag
The MME is luxury and spacious to me and my guests that ride in the back coming from Honda and Subaru. I hardly use the rear window...side mirrors and back-up camera on the MME are great. Not sure about the comment about a Select feeling way more basic than a Premium....seem similar to me (beyond sound system) when you add in the Comfort and Technology package to the select. For the Ionic 5....the body style doesn't appeal to me...I see shaper lines and seems more like a Ford Edge style. All personal preference.
Agree with the Honda and Subaru comment. I ride in the back of our MME Select with our son while my wife drives and it feels really nice and spacious to me. I really don't mind long trips at all. The car my wife had before? 2013 Honda Civic. My current car? 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport hatchback. Go fig!

I looked up the rear legroom of the Mach-E versus my Impreza: 38.1" vs. 36.5". That's a big difference.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag

If you were offered the Hyundai Ioniq 5 of your choice, to be delivered several/many months before the MME, how much markup could you accept?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ioniq 5 vs Mach E Interior Space 1644955304257

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Mach-e is VERY spacious compared to an ICE mustang :p, but very cramped as compared to F150 Screw. We all have different needs - get what works for you.

OP
OP

Mach_Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: '22 MME CR1 AWD ER
If you were offered the Hyundai Ioniq 5 of your choice, to be delivered several/many months before the MME, how much markup could you accept?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ioniq 5 vs Mach E Interior Space 1644955304257

Maybe $2K or $3K which is what the Ioniq I'm looking at is priced at. I also look at it as I can buy the Ioniq now and drive it for a while, and then make a decision when the MME I ordered is built if I want to keep the Ioniq or go with the Mustang.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
59 cu ft vs 59 cu ft with the seats down. The Ioniq 5 has a measly frunk.
Sponsored