Mach E vs the Ioniq 5

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
From what I've seen, neither the pricing nor the final trims in the US have been finalized, so some of this is speculative. In any event, many of the features are things I could care less about, so I most certainly wouldn't want to pay for them:
20" wheels - that is actually a negative, both from a ride and efficiency standpoint.
Remote parking - completely uninterested.
Dual closing shades - meh. Not necessary IMHO.
Towing capacity - I haven't towed anything in my life and never will.
Two key fobs - great, but a programmed fob only cost me $200.
Auto lane change - I think that's coming with BlueCruise.
Adjustable interior - not sure of the value to me.
Keyed access - Last time I opened a vehicle with a key was in the last century.

My RWD Standard Range Premium was just over $48K, including destination. From what I've read, any Ioniq 5 in that price range will be RWD, with 225 hp and 259 lbs-ft of torque - substantially slower than my Mach-E. That is more important to me than the features above.
Advertisement

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
From what I've seen, neither the pricing nor the final trims in the US have been finalized, so some of this is speculative. In any event, many of the features are things I could care less about, so I most certainly wouldn't want to pay for them:
20" wheels - that is actually a negative, both from a ride and efficiency standpoint.
Remote parking - completely uninterested.
Dual closing shades - meh. Not necessary IMHO.
Towing capacity - I haven't towed anything in my life and never will.
Two key fobs - great, but a programmed fob only cost me $200.
Auto lane change - I think that's coming with BlueCruise.
Adjustable interior - not sure of the value to me.
Keyed access - Last time I opened a vehicle with a key was in the last century.

My RWD Standard Range Premium was just over $48K, including destination. From what I've read, any Ioniq 5 in that price range will be RWD, with 225 hp and 259 lbs-ft of torque - substantially slower than my Mach-E. That is more important to me than the features above.
Each potential BEV purchaser will need to decide for themselves which features are best for them and what they can afford to spend. I am thankful the choices are increasing.

trutolife27

Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Looks like late winter and into summer. Fall 2022 before numbers will increase shipped to North america.

Screenshot_20210914-173501_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210914-173523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
Yes, Hyundai is struggling with chips and parts (like every other car manufacturer).

It is a pity for people waiting, but I guess that this is better than what currently happens in Europe, where people having an order on Executive model (the high-end one) can either get their car without automatic door handles (with a small rebate) or have to make a new order for a delivery next Spring 😡

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think that car looks freaking amazing, I love the design although I'm sure its not for everyone. If I had any faith that it would come out this year I might had waited and bought that vs the MME. I'm not 100% sold on how their displays are setup, but in person it might look a little better.

Advertisement

Advertisement