Mach-E vs. IONIQ 5

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
You are absolutely right. I never said it's his job to perform. It's a missed opportunity as a leading voice. Meanwhile hundreds of smaller channels are also happy to attend every presser and do a test drive.
And you can't tell me these types of (new) videos are for clicks...hell I won't be watching them lol

Sponsored

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
And you can't tell me these types of (new) videos are for clicks...hell I won't be watching them lol

Different audience. Again, the man is covering all the bases. He recently said he's opening a office overseas just to cover all that stuff too. Honestly it's pushed me away from watching.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Different audience. Again, the man is covering all the bases. He recently said he's opening a office overseas just to cover all that stuff too. Honestly it's pushed me away from watching.
Different audience but same channels. He does the techy stuff but also does the fun videos. It's no frills, unlike some of the horrendous Youtube videos we see. I think we can agree when I say his videos are not nearly as annoying or desperate as other YouTubers'.

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
After working in the automotive industry for almost a decade, I take any positive review on Hyundai products with a pinch (or heap) of salt. Reviews only care about up front things to talk about. Most people don't want to hear about the money put into the drivetrain/suspension/structure rigidity (unless you like that stuff).

Hyundai loves to cut corners on small things that typical consumers won't notice and then entice them with fancy/gimmicky features that consumers can see and touch right away. The breakdown of the R&D costs are very different vs other brands (money put into drivetrain, structure, etc. vs money put into electronics/comfort features).

When they started to make their cars "better" and gained momentum several years ago, I bet my coworkers they would break down within 5 years. Lo and behold, they catch on fire.

Every single vehicle fire I have seen on the side of the road has been a Hyundai - most of them in the last 12 months.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Is anyone else concerned about how the E-GMP platform vehicles allow the battery pack temperatures to rise to above 50C/120F while fast charging? I know the pack doesn't stay at those temps forever, but it would seem to me that it'd significantly reduce the lifespan of the pack.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
After working in the automotive industry for almost a decade, I take any positive review on Hyundai products with a pinch (or heap) of salt. Reviews only care about up front things to talk about. Most people don't want to hear about the money put into the drivetrain/suspension/structure rigidity (unless you like that stuff).

Hyundai loves to cut corners on small things that typical consumers won't notice and then entice them with fancy/gimmicky features that consumers can see and touch right away. The breakdown of the R&D costs are very different vs other brands (money put into drivetrain, structure, etc. vs money put into electronics/comfort features).

When they started to make their cars "better" and gained momentum several years ago, I bet my coworkers they would break down within 5 years. Lo and behold, they catch on fire.

Every single vehicle fire I have seen on the side of the road has been a Hyundai - most of them in the last 12 months.
Hyundai/Kia have and still have ongoing issues with the GDI engines (seizing, fires, drinking oil).

But I have to say their safety features are better than most carmakers. For an EV, I'd want a Tesla drivetrain, Hyundai/Kia safety systems, Ford BlueCruise, and the ID.4's suspension.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
He reviews cars like appliances and I think has said as much. The Hyundai has a faster DCFC speed, so he was always going to like it more. He also thought the MachE GTPE was great after driving it, now disregards it because of the 5sec power limitation which he didn't even notice during his review video.

I used to watch a lot of his videos, but he's becoming less tolerable and I suspect that he's getting kickbacks for reviews as well - ex: getting a Rivian in 2 days, being flown out to Germany, etc..

Personally, I don't think the Hyundai is the better car, but that's subjective like everyone's opinion.
I think that family has bought every single EV out there. The Dad just bought a GV60 for Mom. I would think that to get access to press cars you should say nice things about what ever car you are driving on the day.

I think one of the biggest things about the newer EVs is that they come with wider tires and cushier suspensions.

Also the newer, faster, charging seems to be the biggest factor for everyone doing a video. I don't plan on taking SR SEL for long road trips so I do not expect charging speeds to matter at all.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mme-vs-ioniq-5-an-owners-perspective.17838/post-427539

Now (7/25/22), I waited 226 days for my MME order to get scheduled and am waiting another 60 days between scheduling and building, with weeks of delivery time to follow. Meanwhile, I love my "Hi5" Ltd. Reasons for me to love the Hi5- better color (teal green), automated shade for big roof window, 2 years free EA DCFC charging. Something I don't have- puddle light that I might like. (If I buy the MME in September, I'll still get the Fed tax credit (with Hi5, that's 2 in 2022 tax year), but, due to delayed MME delivery, I've lost out on the Cal EV incentive on it (State halved the amount and reduced cap on income.) To date, Hi5 recall is trivial compared to MME recall, IMHO. I'm hoping Ford has applied hardware fix to MME build after 24 May 22. All in all, for someone who has one EV but not the other. "Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". ;) Seriously, there is a lot to like between these two. It boils down to the small things but watch out for delays and markups.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. IONIQ 5 1658860745360
Sponsored