Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
From what I've seen, neither the pricing nor the final trims in the US have been finalized, so some of this is speculative. In any event, many of the features are things I could care less about, so I most certainly wouldn't want to pay for them:
20" wheels - that is actually a negative, both from a ride and efficiency standpoint.
Remote parking - completely uninterested.
Dual closing shades - meh. Not necessary IMHO.
Towing capacity - I haven't towed anything in my life and never will.
Two key fobs - great, but a programmed fob only cost me $200.
Auto lane change - I think that's coming with BlueCruise.
Adjustable interior - not sure of the value to me.
Keyed access - Last time I opened a vehicle with a key was in the last century.

My RWD Standard Range Premium was just over $48K, including destination. From what I've read, any Ioniq 5 in that price range will be RWD, with 225 hp and 259 lbs-ft of torque - substantially slower than my Mach-E. That is more important to me than the features above.
Sponsored

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
From what I've seen, neither the pricing nor the final trims in the US have been finalized, so some of this is speculative. In any event, many of the features are things I could care less about, so I most certainly wouldn't want to pay for them:
20" wheels - that is actually a negative, both from a ride and efficiency standpoint.
Remote parking - completely uninterested.
Dual closing shades - meh. Not necessary IMHO.
Towing capacity - I haven't towed anything in my life and never will.
Two key fobs - great, but a programmed fob only cost me $200.
Auto lane change - I think that's coming with BlueCruise.
Adjustable interior - not sure of the value to me.
Keyed access - Last time I opened a vehicle with a key was in the last century.

My RWD Standard Range Premium was just over $48K, including destination. From what I've read, any Ioniq 5 in that price range will be RWD, with 225 hp and 259 lbs-ft of torque - substantially slower than my Mach-E. That is more important to me than the features above.
Each potential BEV purchaser will need to decide for themselves which features are best for them and what they can afford to spend. I am thankful the choices are increasing.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
Yes, Hyundai is struggling with chips and parts (like every other car manufacturer).

It is a pity for people waiting, but I guess that this is better than what currently happens in Europe, where people having an order on Executive model (the high-end one) can either get their car without automatic door handles (with a small rebate) or have to make a new order for a delivery next Spring ?

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think that car looks freaking amazing, I love the design although I'm sure its not for everyone. If I had any faith that it would come out this year I might had waited and bought that vs the MME. I'm not 100% sold on how their displays are setup, but in person it might look a little better.

lawman1108

First Name
Pmac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME, 2015 Ford Exp sport, Audi TT quarto 6sp
Country flag
I just watched this video on the ioniq 5. (In addition to a few others, but this one had a great interior review).

• The key fob has buttons for pulling into parking and pulling out of parking.
  • The shifter is much better. Similar to the ID4 or BMW i3. Twist up/forward for drive; twist down/back for reverse. And button on the end for park.
  • 800V battery for super speedy charging!! This is going to be huge! I really wish the MME had this.
  • Front seats have a napping position with foot rest for chilling during charging sessions. Really cool!

Who naps in cars other than cops???? LOL

lawman1108

First Name
Pmac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME, 2015 Ford Exp sport, Audi TT quarto 6sp
Country flag
THE STEERING WHEEL BLOCKS THE UGLY DASH

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm only 2.25 months into a 5+ month wait for an ordered MME, with Ford pushing out the delivery dates for many folks. I'm also relying on "my dealer's" say so that they'll honor the pre-price rise sale price. While waiting, I've been considering my options. There are MME on dealer lots, usually with dealer markups. "My dealer" says no ADM but still has no MME on the lot or coming soon. So, I looked at Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6. They are arriving now (Feb 2022) but they have $4-5K markups. They're each a little bit different but not so much in ways that make much difference. to me. I'm keeping the MME order until July-Sept and likely soon to buy one of the Korean BEVs with markup. It's like I ask myself "which color do I like best?". ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E vs the Ioniq 5 1644961862913

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I'm only 2.25 months into a 5+ month wait for an ordered MME, with Ford pushing out the delivery dates for many folks. I'm also relying on "my dealer's" say so that they'll honor the pre-price rise sale price. While waiting, I've been considering my options. There are MME on dealer lots, usually with dealer markups. "My dealer" says no ADM but still has no MME on the lot or coming soon. So, I looked at Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6. They are arriving now (Feb 2022) but they have $4-5K markups. They're each a little bit different but not so much in ways that make much difference. to me. I'm keeping the MME order until July-Sept and likely soon to buy one of the Korean BEVs with markup. It's like I ask myself "which color do I like best?". ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E vs the Ioniq 5 1644961862913
I was going with red, limiting my choice to the EV6. But it’s more expensive, and with ADM, I just waited the full 9 months for my MME. I’ve had it since 1/19, and am thrilled that I waited. The Mustang badge and styling are iconic, while the EV6 and Ionic 5 are not.