ToTheMoonDJ

First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD EXTD - Rapid Red
Country flag
So as a Mach-E owner naturally that means I’m about that early adopter life lol. So when. I got the chance to try the public iOS 15 beta I jumped on it the first day.

Prior to this I had the Bluetooth software update completed and I actually saw an improvement in my PaaK functionality. My Mach-E seemed to reliably recognize my phone and I don’t recall getting the “No key detected” message or having to punch in my backup code. But once I jumped on the iOS beta I’m back to “No key detected” errors ??‍♂.

In an attempt to troubleshoot I made sure my FordPass app and Sync app were fully updated. I even removed my phone as a key and “reinstalled” it. Still no luck.
I’m a bit bummed out because I was hoping to be able to leave my key fob at home, but I did this to myself. Plus if I’m able to assist with testing iOS 15 with the Mach-E I’m done to help.
So anyway, just curious if anyone else has taken the plunge and if you’ve had the same/different experience.
—————————————————————-
Stats:
Phone: iPhone Xs
FordPass: 3.26.0
FordPower-Up: 1.4.0
Sponsored

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Reinstall iOS 14.6 on your phone remove that iOS 15 beta

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
OP
OP
ToTheMoonDJ

ToTheMoonDJ

First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD EXTD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Reinstall iOS 14.6 on your phone remove that iOS 15 beta
My Bluetooth still works, I just can’t start my car without inputing my backup code without my fob present. I’m going to stick with the beta for a bit longer to see if a future update from Ford or Apple resolves the issue. Not the most logical decision I know, but I like experimenting with new technology.
appreciate the suggestion though.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My Bluetooth still works, I just can’t start my car without inputing my backup code without my fob present. I’m going to stick with the beta for a bit longer to see if a future update from Ford or Apple resolves the issue. Not the most logical decision I know, but I like experimenting with new technology.
appreciate the suggestion though.
You can generally ensure PaaK will work, while using the iOS 15 Beta, by restarting your phone each morning. It still might decide to be funky, be a restart of your phone will generally fix it.
Sponsored