Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
With the impending release of iOS 15 I was wondering if anyone on here has been running the betas? How has it been working with PAAK & wireless CarPlay?

Normally I would be running the betas, but I held off this year because of the car. I’m curious before I move to iPhone 13 and iOS 15.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
With the impending release of iOS 15 I was wondering if anyone on here has been running the betas? How has it been working with PAAK & wireless CarPlay?

Normally I would be running the betas, but I held off this year because of the car. I’m curious before I move to iPhone 13 and iOS 15.
I've been running iOS 15 since Developer Preview 1. I did just get my MME this week, but CarPlay has been flawless and PAAK has been fine--I've used it exclusively. Once or twice if I've approached quickly while the car was sleeping, I've had to push the door button to wake up the car and then again a few seconds later to unlock it after bluetooth had been connected, but that flow in my head makes perfect sense from a technology standpoint. One time I got the "key not detected" when I got in very quickly and pushed start, but the second push after that registered fine. It's never failed, and it's never caused more than about a three second delay.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Yes I been running iOS 15 Beta since beginning and everything works great no issues. I never have FordPass crashes or issues others are having at times.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@JohnnyForensic Thats awesome!

Once or twice if I've approached quickly while the car was sleeping, I've had to push the door button to wake up the car and then again a few seconds later to unlock it
This just sounds like normal PAAK behavior to me ?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Have been running beta since developer previews started. First few builds would sometimes cause PaaK to not work at all until I turned Bluetooth on and off again, but everything has been great for the past few builds!

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Whelp, just installed iOS 15, crossing my fingers that PAAK does not stop working!! lol

Since FordPass 3.30, its been pretty darn reliable dare I say. Everything else about the app though has been complete horse dung. I had my car plugged into today for like 2 minutes, showed it had been plugged in for 45 hours lol The display info, including battery and kWh usage, is so horribly broken even before iOS 15.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Everything works fine, well until I went to start my car…. The fordpass app no longer works on the watch.
What does it do?

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Besides a first-time fix, no problems to report on either my iPhone or Apple Watch.

If you're not getting a connection the first time, you don't need to remove and re-add your phone. Sorry I don't have photos at the moment, so my descriptions may be slightly off.
  • Turn on the car and wait a few moments to make sure it's not yet connecting.
  • Expand your phone's entry in the Mach-E's list of phones.
  • You may have Car Play shown as connected. Disconnect the Car Play function only.
  • Count to 5, then Connect Car Play.
Doing that fixed everything for now two power cycles with the car. It's not a full removal and re-add of the phone. It's like a force-quit for Car Play alone.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What does it do?
When I open the app on my watch, it’s just a black screen saying Loading… with FordPass in to top left corner. Tried a few times including rebooting and force closing the app.

I just checked it again, and now it’s working. Wonder if they are still having FordPass backend issues.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
After installing iOS 15, I had to delete my iPhone and reinstall it, for CarPlay to work.
I had no issues with CarPlay after installing 15. Apple Maps now overlays the weather radar, which is nice.
Everything works fine, well until I went to start my car…. The fordpass app no longer works on the watch.
I think I'll stay with 14.whatever for a fair bit longer.

Read somewhere though that 15.1 is out in beta already?

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Read somewhere though that 15.1 is out in beta already?
Yeah that’s to test the features that didn’t make it in the .0 release, like Share Play. I bet that won’t be released until next month at the earliest.

So far it seems like it’s an OK release. I’m waiting for my 13 to arrive on Friday then I’ll make the switch all at once.
Sponsored