Is 12V battery covered until warranty? What's a healthy voltage?

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Using an OBD and good App enables voltage checking without stripping out all the froot/frunk trim.

HV batter should charge 12v battery even when car is off & parked. If not doesn’t it sounds like the 12v battery needs changing if the DC/DC charger is working.

It’s a matter of going back to basics, does the car’s charging system work? are all connections good? if yes then probably battery, but a battery needs fully charging and properly testing with a bit of professional kit🤷🏼‍♂️

As for healthy charge, mine’s 28 mths @ 68,000 miles old and the App reads……….
IMG_2473.jpeg
IMG_2473.jpeg
Which app are you using? I can't seem to find 12V Battery SOC in either of my apps (Car Scanner and OBDLink)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Which app are you using? I can't seem to find 12V Battery SOC in either of my apps (Car Scanner and OBDLink)
Log on to Ford.com and go to your account. The charge level shown there is the 12V battery.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is 12V battery covered until warranty? What's a healthy voltage? IMG_0746

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Anybody interested in meaningful stats for a significant mileage?

See attached for stats for 74,055 mile because this half-arsed forum format screws up the layout when saved.

Fuel saving over ICE vehicle returning 48miles per gallon is c£3,750 which is 36%.

If it were possible to do all mileage on home charges which it is not, charge costs would have totalled £4,062.72 which would save £2,679.57 eliminating DCFC costs or £6,428.41 less than the ICE car.

IMG_3299.png
Sponsored