DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
Speaking of Ford/Lincoln making low slung sports cars or sedans, this image was shared in another site a few days ago. The person sharing it didn't share where they got it from, but it seems legit. Please direct your attention to the second of the tarp covered cars, look how low it is, how long the hood is. That looks like some sort of sedan or coupe to me.

15052751_Screenshot2024-01-09at20_45_39.png.b3eee14138531c8815b753a7a77460d5.png

IMG_20240109_143406.png

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Speaking of Ford/Lincoln making low slung sports cars or sedans, this image was shared in another site a few days ago. The person sharing it didn't share where they got it from, but it seems legit. Please direct your attention to the second of the tarp covered cars, look how low it is, how long the hood is. That looks like some sort of sedan or coupe to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this Ford's Upcoming 2nd Gen EV Platform IMG_20240109_143406

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this Ford's Upcoming 2nd Gen EV Platform IMG_20240109_143406
Itā€™s interesting, but of course just a rendering.

Looking at the AI thread, they can pump out hundreds of these in no time. Who knows what to make of it?

But I donā€™t see coupe or sedan, I see station wagon in that second picture.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this Ford's Upcoming 2nd Gen EV Platform IMG_9714

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
Itā€™s interesting, but of course just a rendering.

Looking at the AI thread, they can pump out hundreds of these in no time. Who knows what to make of it?

But I donā€™t see coupe or sedan, I see station wagon in that second picture.
IMG_9714.png
That thought crossed my mind as well, but it's a clip from Lincoln's official YouTube channel.

The only downside is the video is older, the tail end of 2022. So hopefully whatever this is wasn't killed off.

It looked like a wagon to me at first as well. But that roofline is already very low, and tapers as a fastback roofline. What you see as a wagon, I see as a coupe with a very gradual sweeping roofline, like a rolls Royce wraith.

IMG_20240110_124532.jpg

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That thought crossed my mind as well, but it's a clip from Lincoln's official YouTube channel.

The only downside is the video is older, the tail end of 2022. So hopefully whatever this is wasn't killed off.

It looked like a wagon to me at first as well. But that roofline is already very low, and tapers as a fastback roofline. What you see as a wagon, I see as a coupe with a very gradual sweeping roofline, like a rolls Royce wraith.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this Ford's Upcoming 2nd Gen EV Platform IMG_20240110_124532
Ah, I see itā€™s a concept car with vague blobs in the background.

I think in 2022 Lincoln was planning on having multiple EVs released in 2024.

But watching the video, I wouldnā€™t read anything into those shapes. Even the very clear one we see is just a concept. To me thatā€™s just a generic ā€œwe are going to build some cars in the futureā€ marketing video not a teaser with Easter egg spoilers.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Good sir, there are several electric hypercars with rooflines several inches lower than the current mustang. True, this USED to be an issue when battery tech was brand new, and you probably couldn't could a coupe on the current mach-e platform. But it's definitely possible.

I'd temper your expectations. The electric three rows are apparently very controversial within Ford. They apparently look extremely futuristic, very, very areo driven in their design. Described as a blend of the model X and Prius but more out there looking. Sharply recessed rear end, lower ground clearance than the mach-e, front end with a smooth dart like shape, screens like the latest Nautilus going across the entire top of the dash pillar to pillar. Very radical vehicle. Hit or miss with most people who see it, bombed in consumer clinics, design has been described as very odd.

The Lincoln version, the next aviator, has been described as a production version of the Lincoln star concept, only more exotic and futuristic with its proportions. Someone said if the current aviator is like Lincolns take on the range Rover velar, the next gen will be like their take on the Aston Martin DBX or the Lamborghini Urus.
I would actually be interested in something that looks like it comes from the future, just not the battle-ravaged dystopia the cybertruck comes from šŸ˜€

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
I would actually be interested in something that looks like it comes from the future, just not the battle-ravaged dystopia the cybertruck comes from šŸ˜€
I feel ya, there's definitely a good bad, and a bad bad when it comes to being different in terms of design. My goal is to do something different, but in a way that makes someone go "I want that".
Sponsored