jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
The exception proves the rule. Listing supercars and cars which don't even exist sort of proves my point.
LOL dude, go google MG Cyberster. Lower than mustang in height. You are just wrong and refuse to accept it. Height is not a problem. Weight may be a problem for some pure enthusiasts if you want decent range. Profit potential is the only problem why you see no EV sports car in US. The EV market is weak here. And pure sports car market is even weaker than EV. Car companies simply do not want to waste money on development for such a low volume car type. I personally really want one. Wish they could import that mg cyberster without tax. $40-$50K definitely has a market.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
Very disappointed if that is what comes out. Maybe the Lincoln will be my next EV or if Jeep ever gets to making a 3 row EV (I wouldn't hold my breath, they can't make an EV at all).
Yeah, here's an actual image of the design under a darp. The roofline and proportions just look odd to me. I don't hate the sharp lines on the back, but everything else is off-putting imo.

1675351827182.png

1675351774601.png

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I really agree with this. Not all cars need to be practical. There still should be room for vehicles with an emotional factor. Even better if they are zero emission vehicles (that don't cost north of $250K).

I'm not a Dodge/Stellantis fan but I like that they are doing an electric Charger that still closely resembles the current ICE version.
This

PXL_20221118_234526090.jpg

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Looks like a big Probe to me. Certainly does not give out Explorer vibes, IMO. They got any pics of the Lincoln version? Very interested to see the difference between the two.

Yeah, here's an actual image of the design under a darp. The roofline and proportions just look odd to me. I don't hate the sharp lines on the back, but everything else is off-putting imo.

1675351774601.png

Last edited:

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
LOL dude, go google MG Cyberster. Lower than mustang in height. You are just wrong and refuse to accept it. Height is not a problem. Weight may be a problem for some pure enthusiasts if you want decent range. Profit potential is the only problem why you see no EV sports car in US. The EV market is weak here. And pure sports car market is even weaker than EV. Car companies simply do not want to waste money on development for such a low volume car type. I personally really want one. Wish they could import that mg cyberster without tax. $40-$50K definitely has a market.
1. I don't see the height listed anywhere.
2. Not coming to the US.

We can agree that sedans are slow sellers (I mentioned it earlier as well). People want SUVs in the US partly because they have more room. An EV makes the problem worse.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you think a 55” mustang compared to a 56” Model S and 57” Model 3 means it can’t be done, then I dunno what to tell you.

As mentioned there are plenty of EV coupes and low vehicles still planned.

Wait long enough and an electric Mustang coupe will probably show up too.
I bet there will be one eventually, and I also bet it gets ragged on for being bigger. We'll see.

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
If the production car actually looks identical to that, I might have to buy one once 29 yr old me has morr disposable income. I hate most dodge designs, never liked the challenger or changer, they just looked fat and awkward to me. But this thing looks really freaking cool. I prefer those rims over the ones they originally showed in the reveal.

But sadly, we may have seen a teaser of the production car, and it just looks odd. They added these like round headlights that look very tacked on and out of place. Just not a fan.

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
Looks like a big Probe to me. Certainly does not give out Explorer vibes, IMO. They got any pics of the Lincoln version? Very interested to see the difference between the two.
That's what those people were saying. The original Ev explorer kept the traditional boxy shape. They said because it's changed so much, they might call it something else. They mentioned how the Thunderbird name is being considered for this.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
That's what those people were saying. The original Ev explorer kept the traditional boxy shape. They said because it's changed so much, they might call it something else. They mentioned how the Thunderbird name is being considered for this.
Thunderbird would well with that shape.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
1. I don't see the height listed anywhere.
2. Not coming to the US.

We can agree that sedans are slow sellers (I mentioned it earlier as well). People want SUVs in the US partly because they have more room. An EV makes the problem worse.
A quick google shows mg cyberster at height of 52.3" while current mustang is 54.4". Just want to point out an actual production car showing your claim regarding the battery limiting car height is wrong.

I believe US is way too behind on EV. Only tesla is doing well. I doubt any decent major development will happen in the US. With all those Anti EV articles spreading misinformation about charging and battery life. The lackluster government incentive cutting out most of the current models. The rock dropping EV values. I doubt the market will gain the momentum to push EV further.

Last edited:

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A quick google shows mg cyberster at height of 52.3" while current mustang is 54.4". Just want to point out an actual production car showing your claim regarding the battery limiting car height is wrong.

I believe US is way too behind on EV. Only tesla is doing well. I doubt any decent major development will happen in the US. With all those Anti EV articles spreading misinformation about charging and battery life. The lackluster government incentive cutting out most of the current models. The rock dropping EV values. I doubt the market will gain the momentum to push EV further.
Ok, thanks for the information. Done beating the dead horse, but again - that car will never be sold in the US in large part due to size (and probably crash standards, which are somewhat analogous to size).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this Ford's Upcoming 2nd Gen EV Platform cq5dam.web.374.210

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this Ford's Upcoming 2nd Gen EV Platform cq5dam.web.374.210
I have a hard time believing that shape resembles anything that will make it to production.

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick hybrid
Country flag
I have a hard time believing that shape resembles anything that will make it to production.
I didn't want to believe it either, but the sources stating this have been very credible thus far.