s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hello everyone I just watched the Fisker Ocean event on youtube yesterday and I have to say I am kinda liking it. They mentioned the battery was around an 80kwh battery which can do between 250 to 300 miles per charge depending on which version you get obviously. It is standard with extended range battery probably cause it has to be to get the range to be competitive with other EVs coming to market. It bolsters a 22" rim which might be why it doesn't have better economy. However, the interesting part on this was the Flexible lease option which includes all maintenance for vehicle covered for duration of ownership, 30k mile a year lease, 3k down, $250 reservation deposit, $359 month I am assuming for the 250 mile range one. I will guess the higher range one will be maybe $500 month. Also with the flexible lease option you can finance the down payment of 3k if you wish and their is no turn in fee at all. They said you can lease the car as long as you like. Whether that is 2 mos, 6mos, 2 years, but mileage a year stays at 30k.

Also with the Fisker they will deliver your to your door if you wish. They took middle man out so they will handle all deliveries straight to the customer wherever they would like to have car delivered to. For maintenance you can log on your account or app on phone and submit a maintenance request and they will come out and pick up your car to get it serviced for you. I am guessing deliver it back to you once it is completed.

They also incorporated solar panels on the roof of the car to help gain some extra mileage up to 1k miles a year with just solar panel recharging battery as you are driving. Of course I think that is more for those Sunny states like California, Florida, Nevada, Texas. The fisker Ocean doesn't come out until 2022 with production starting next year some time.

HEre is an electrek article about it and their are other sites as well but all about the same.

Electrek articla on Fisker Ocean SUV Thats $37,500 or $29,999 after tax rebate

Antoher feature I liked on the car was that every windo on the vehicle can be rolled down.
Sponsored

RLB

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2014 BMW i3, 2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
I would buy one right now but I don't believe this car will ever get built. After talking to them at CES, they don't seem to have any details for the things they are promising.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I would buy one right now but I don't believe this car will ever get built. After talking to them at CES, they don't seem to have any details for the things they are promising.
We're still a year away. I doubt there is any tooling at the plant--of course they don't have any details.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It would be an interesting option compared to Tesla if I could buy one this year, and I trust they will eventually ship, but I suspect their time line is more likely to slip than Ford's, and is already a year out further than Ford's (or Tesla Y). They are also lacking a dealership network, even more so than Tesla. Perhaps if the mach e doesn't deliver, or next vehicle after.... but at least for the next couple of years, it's no comparison...

OP
OP

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I did read they were planning to start putting stores up like Tesla did in malls this year

Mooseman66

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-250, 2017 Ford explorer
Occupation
Business manager
Country flag
I don’t believe 30k a year lease at all. Who drives that much, think you (or they) meant 30k across 3 years which isn’t enough for someone like myself. It had some cool features (karaoke was a little out there.. but that’s a different story) but I still like the thought of a Ford over a fisker

Brianbarn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang; 2014 Explorer. Formerly 2013 Focus Electric
Country flag
I don’t believe 30k a year lease at all. Who drives that much, think you (or they) meant 30k across 3 years which isn’t enough for someone like myself. It had some cool features (karaoke was a little out there.. but that’s a different story) but I still like the thought of a Ford over a fisker
The www.fiskerinc.com website does say it's 30,000 miles per year, which is pretty amazing. It'll be interesting to see if they hit the market on time and with the dollar and performance figures they've announced.

OP
OP

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Well since it is from their mouth about the lease details I would say if they don't offer the high mileage like they said I would say that becomes a legal battle for False Advertisement/Breach of Contract once the Contract becomes signed. But I do believe it will be the high mileage because with Tech these days Batteries can last a long time so driving the car in the dirt seems like a good way to test the capabilities of the Fisker Ocean and not have to worry about it.

I have reserved one $250 not bad to reserve I can live with losing $25 if I cancel but I will see what happens. The Flexible Lease option seems like a great way to bring in customers as the Base MOdel will be $379 a month with the $3k down (which I heard him say can be financed if you choose a 0 down option).

Lets take a dive a bit deeper into what we know or heard so far. For range it will be from 250 to 300 miles. However, it will be more than that as we know roughly what the battery size is (Fisker said it would be around 80 - 85kw battery pack). Just multiply that by 3.6 that equals 288 and 306. But that could be a little less or more I only used 3.6 as we all know in data that most EV use 3.6kwh so I just multiplied that to what he said the battery sizes were.

Also the Price point on this SUV/CUV is within range to grab a lot of people cause of the low cost and 0 maintenance as they will deliver, and pick car for any maintenance issues and have it worked on outside of your city and then deliver it back to you.

One of the things I did not like was that it does not have a Frunk which I do wish it did as that space could be used for storage instead of the AC pumps and stuff.
Sponsored