Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium MME ER RWD in Space White
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I have only had my MME for about a week, so I’m still learning. But can someone help me understand what’s happening or how I can prevent/fix/figure out what’s going on?

Tonight I parked my car in the garage, turned it off and went inside. Everything was normal. A few hours later I go in the garage to get something, and I notice the lights are on and the car has a slight humming noise. I also notice the LCD screen behind the steering wheel is lit up. At first I thought it may have been the fob was too close or my PAAK was activating a welcome light deal. So I made sure my phone and fob were far enough away, waited 20 minutes and went back in the garage. Lights still on and the humming noise is still there.

Oh and the car is not plugged in. Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Sorry if this is a dumb question that has been asked and answered a thousand times.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Turn off the headlights. Headlight switch has a known bug where they will stay on randomly.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Check to see if it has a departure time set.

OP
OP

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Turn off the headlights. Headlight switch has a known bug where they will stay on randomly.
I will turn them off and see if that helps. Thank you. Note: I checked about another hour later to see if the lights and humming were still going, and everything was off and back to normal,

Check to see if it has a departure time set.
No departure times have been set. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Are you sure you weren’t in the middle of an update? Sounds like what happens with the scheduled updates, especially the humming sound which is the coolant pump

OP
OP

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Are you sure you weren’t in the middle of an update? Sounds like what happens with the scheduled updates, especially the humming sound which is the coolant pump
Would I have to do anything to initiate an update? Or would the car do that on its own? I hadn’t received any notifications on the screen before or after this happened. I would assume if there was an update that happened, I should at least see some sort of notification on the screen that an update had been successfully completed or failed.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Would I have to do anything to initiate an update? Or would the car do that on its own? I hadn’t received any notifications on the screen before or after this happened. I would assume if there was an update that happened, I should at least see some sort of notification on the screen that an update had been successfully completed or failed.
You should get a notification on FordPass if update is completed, but sometimes those don't come through until you start your car and turn it off again.
Sponsored