Local PNW Charging Networks

tbier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Country flag
Sounds like you are in OR and not WA, but I'd encourage you to look at the state legislation (HB 2042)vote to enact the EV fees. As with Oregon, nothing gets into law that isn't supported primarily by Democrats.
Sponsored

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Hey pnw folks... Planning a trip from Seattle to CDA Idaho in early October. Any DCFC charging tips along I-90 I should know about? I'm good starting topped up in downtown Seattle and I've got charging figured out in CDA, it's the great barren middle of the state I'm worried about. Last time I made the trip, I was fueling at gas stations and familiar with the cadence of the trip from that perspective. Now it's just me and my MME.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hey pnw folks... Planning a trip from Seattle to CDA Idaho in early October. Any DCFC charging tips along I-90 I should know about? I'm good starting topped up in downtown Seattle and I've got charging figured out in CDA, it's the great barren middle of the state I'm worried about. Last time I made the trip, I was fueling at gas stations and familiar with the cadence of the trip from that perspective. Now it's just me and my MME.
+1 on wanting to know. I lurk on Plugshare quite a bit and the EA stations make me nervous.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
+1 on wanting to know. I lurk on Plugshare quite a bit and the EA stations make me nervous.
I've used EA stations in Port Angeles and out past Tacoma and both experiences were great. I plugged the car in and it started charging with no issues. Just have to watch when you stop because there's an extra step on the screen to confirm stopping charging, and the car will still report that the charging session stopped unexpectedly even though you pressed the stop button before the car hits 100% and it stops on it's own.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've used EA stations in Port Angeles and out past Tacoma and both experiences were great. I plugged the car in and it started charging with no issues. Just have to watch when you stop because there's an extra step on the screen to confirm stopping charging, and the car will still report that the charging session stopped unexpectedly even though you pressed the stop button before the car hits 100% and it stops on it's own.
Good tip on stopping the charge.

I mean EA makes me nervous because their chargers along interstates seem to suffer from reliability issues. The EA app shows two of the chargers in Ellensburg are out of order.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good tip on stopping the charge.

I mean EA makes me nervous because their chargers along interstates seem to suffer from reliability issues. The EA app shows two of the chargers in Ellensburg are out of order.
Yeah, that's why I started a thread so MME owners could talk realtime about what's actually at these locations so we can help each other out during these uncertain charging times.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone heading east on I-84, make sure you have 70% or more charge before you pass Hood River.

The next DC charger is in Umatilla.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag

There are chargers in Ellensburg, Ritzville, and Spokane. I have used the Ritzville charger twice, it is in a decent spot (short walk to Zips, longer walk to Starbucks). It has 3 functioning stalls right now (one has been down for a while).

Last edited: