Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
CTO, Software dev.
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company and anyone interested. Here's my unsolicited 18 month review. I've drive just under 10,000 miles. A mix of short local trips and road trips between Detroit, Indianapolis and Chicago.

I generally really like this car.

Pros:
-A fun drive
-It's pretty comfortable
-The center console user interface updates have been very handy!
-It's not Tesla.
-I actually have a pretty great dealership near me. That really is a plus.
-The technology package in general is really nice.

Cons:
-It's 2023, why doesn't it beep when I have my turn signal on and a car is in my blind spot? Every cheap car I've had since 2008 has done that. Seems dangerous not to have it?
-OMG with the blank center console upon start up. It happens more often than not. It often takes minutes to get working. It seems like a minor thing. But if you are in a hurry, it's a real drag. Also, each time it happens I think "Hope it's not broken for ever this time"
-Fordpass map should be part of Android/iOS auto. That way you could use the rest of Android Auto and still use the Fordpass map for the best charger locations without having to switch back to the home screen etc.
-When coming to a full stop, no matter how slow I take it, once stopped, the car rocks back and forth far more than any other car I've been in.

3 of those cons are software issues that could easily be fixed. I don't think I'd have any complaints at all if those were fixed.

I feel should note that this is the first nice car I've ever owned.
Sponsored

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company and anyone interested. Here's my unsolicited 18 month review. I've drive just under 10,000 miles. A mix of short local trips and road trips between Detroit, Indianapolis and Chicago.

Pros:
-A fun drive
-It's pretty comfortable
-It's not Tesla.

Cons:
-It's 2023, why doesn't it beep when I have my turn signal on and a car is in my blind spot? Every cheap car I've had since 2008 has done that. Seems dangerous not to have it?
-OMG with the blank center console upon start up. It happens more often than not. It often takes minutes to get working. It seems like a minor thing. But if you are in a hurry, it's a real drag. Also, each time it happens I think "Hope it's not broken for ever this time"
-Fordpass map should be part of Android/iOS auto. That way you could use the rest of Android Auto and still use the Fordpass map for the best charger locations without having to switch back to the home screen etc.
-When coming to a full stop, no matter how slow I take it, once stopped, the car rocks back and forth far more than any other car I've been in.

3 of those cons are software issues that could easily be fixed. I don't think I'd have any complaints at all if those were fixed.

I am at 19 months and 9000 miles. I have a Mach GT PE. I use it daily for local driving. I have a Maverick Eco Boost for trips over 200 miles round trip so itā€™s never been on a DC charger. I charge 3 times a week between 50 and 90 percent. I have only had the dark screen 3 times in the 19 months. Twice it came up by itself after about two minutes and the other time I stopped and turned it off and when I turned it back on the screen came up. I donā€™t notice any rocking but the PE has the magnetic shocks that may make a difference. The car I traded in was a BMW X6 which is a great car in my opinion. I like the Mach e Gt better than I did the BMW in almost every way.

Jferrari427

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Country flag

Pros:
-A fun drive
-It's pretty comfortable
-It's not Tesla.

Cons:

Congrats on the new Mach-E! Phenomenal car overall. My advice: enjoy it!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Cons:
Nice review, but you shouldn't turn your turn signal on unless you know the coast is clear OR there is a traffic line of some kind and you gotta signal so others can see it and give you space.

If you're turning your turn signal on, then immediately beginning the lane change, then sort of momentarily freaking out and aborting because you noticed there was actually a car there, you are changing your lane too aggressively and one day your luck may run out.

#DefensiveDriving

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a GT-PE and have never experienced the car pitching forward and back when braking to a stop. Maybe it's because I have bigger front rotors, or maybe it's because I drive 2PD. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

mike Sandler

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e GTP
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I have megtp. 10000 miles. Drive 1 pedal love it. No pitch stops without using brake holds at stop. Love the solid car. My mecedies has the turn single beep. That is nice I agree but the mecedies is slow af to this gtp

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Nice review, but you shouldn't turn your turn signal on unless you know the coast is clear OR there is a traffic line of some kind and you gotta signal so others can see it and give you space.

If you're turning your turn signal on, then immediately beginning the lane change, then sort of momentarily freaking out and aborting because you noticed there was actually a car there, you are changing your lane too aggressively and one day your luck may run out.

#DefensiveDriving
Ok. So donā€™t use your turn signal for a lane change unless there is no traffic or there is traffic. Got it.

OPā€™s complaint didnā€™t indicate he-she was driving aggressively. I have the same complaint. It just is less effective at getting oneā€™s attention when there someone in your blind spot. I concentrate on the center of the mirror not the bottom corner so itā€™s too easy to miss just the visual cue.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ok. So donā€™t use your turn signal for a lane change unless there is no traffic or there is traffic. Got it.

OPā€™s complaint didnā€™t indicate he-she was driving aggressively. I have the same complaint. It just is less effective at getting oneā€™s attention when there someone in your blind spot. I concentrate on the center of the mirror not the bottom corner so itā€™s too easy to miss just the visual cue.
I don't turn on the signal unless I first think the coast is clear. Once I think the coast is clear, I still turn the signal on because while unlikely, it's possible I am wrong or someone is about to make an aggressive lane change into where I want to go. I don't turn the signal on than treat it as a group activity of everyone figuring out if I can make the lane change or not, unless I'm really in a bind because an exit is coming up and I got to make my way into the next lane.

Look at it from the other side - what's your reaction if you are in the fast lane and 30 feet in front of you in the next lane over, the guy who's going 8 mph slower than you turns his signal on to come into your lane? If you are a careful driver, you immediately lift off the throttle because you don't know if this guy is going to drift into your lane as you're passing, it forces you to brake. It's annoying to other drivers to turn on your signal when clearly if you made a lane change you would have a collision because it makes everyone else think you might not be seeing them.
Sponsored