First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
Hi All.

I've been keeping a close eye on all things Mach E for a while now, and while I haven't been in a position yet to make a reservation (apart from current uncertainties, there is the added fact that you simply can't order yet in Ireland, where I am based), I am still keen and have been considering this as our next car.

Soooo... it looks like my wife is now pregnant with no. 3. (We only did the test there a couple of days ago, so it feels weird telling a load of strangers when we've told no one else yet, per the protocols!)

Anyway, I digress - the reason I'm bringing this up is that it has put into sharp focus my need to have a 'family car'. Our two kids are now 7 and 5, so I think we could get away with two seats and a booster (as opposed to needing three car seats) from next year onwards. Being in Europe, I'm pretty sure that all new cars need to be fitted with two isofix points. However, while there has been some mention in online videos about the leg room in the back, does anyone know if the mach E is a particularly wide car, to fit three kids (two of which would be in car seats)? I did check the dimensions a few months back as against our current car, however I would be interested to know if anyone else had similar thoughts?

If not, no worries!

Cheers
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi All.

I've been keeping a close eye on all things Mach E for a while now, and while I haven't been in a position yet to make a reservation (apart from current uncertainties, there is the added fact that you simply can't order yet in Ireland, where I am based), I am still keen and have been considering this as our next car.

Soooo... it looks like my wife is now pregnant with no. 3. (We only did the test there a couple of days ago, so it feels weird telling a load of strangers when we've told no one else yet, per the protocols!)

Anyway, I digress - the reason I'm bringing this up is that it has put into sharp focus my need to have a 'family car'. Our two kids are now 7 and 5, so I think we could get away with two seats and a booster (as opposed to needing three car seats) from next year onwards. Being in Europe, I'm pretty sure that all new cars need to be fitted with two isofix points. However, while there has been some mention in online videos about the leg room in the back, does anyone know if the mach E is a particularly wide car, to fit three kids (two of which would be in car seats)? I did check the dimensions a few months back as against our current car, however I would be interested to know if anyone else had similar thoughts?

If not, no worries!

Cheers
My current car, Kuga ST Line X is 1840mm wide. The Mach e is 1881mm. I have had 2 adults and a child seat in the back of mine and although a tight fit passengers lasted on a trip to airport (180 miles) without to much of a problem. I have sat in the back of the Mach e and I dont think you will have an issue with 2 car seats and 1 child. Looking at the published dimensions of the Mack e and the Kuga ( or Escape in US) they are pretty much on par with each other. MME is a little longer although a little lower. My advice for now would be to have a look at a Kuga to get a idea of size. Hope this helps.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
Congratulations!

Iā€™ve got a Mazda CX-5 and Iā€™ve taken two adults and a child seat many occasions... they fit... but it is a squeeze. Coincidentally, to @portlandg ā€˜s Kuga, the MME is 4cm wider than the Mazda and about 20cm longer... after seeing it in person, that extra 20cm length is definitely not noticeable in the boot compared to the Mazda, but rather seems to be dispersed between the rear seats and the slightly longer nose/bonnet... so Iā€™d imagine youā€™d be fine with two nippers and child seat!

OP
OP
Gforcemurphy

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
Congratulations!

Iā€™ve got a Mazda CX-5 and Iā€™ve taken two adults and a child seat many occasions... they fit... but it is a squeeze. Coincidentally, to @portlandg ā€˜s Kuga, the MME is 4cm wider than the Mazda and about 20cm longer... after seeing it in person, that extra 20cm length is definitely not noticeable in the boot compared to the Mazda, but rather seems to be dispersed between the rear seats and the slightly longer nose/bonnet... so Iā€™d imagine youā€™d be fine with two nippers and child seat!
Thank you!

And thanks for the tip re the Mazda - always good to get 'real world' comparisons with existing cars out there, with similar dimensions.

Dutchy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTE
Country flag
First of all, congratulations! I also had the problem of getting 3 children in the car of which 2 were in child seats (twins). I did not have that much problems back then (15 years ago) because I had a VW Multivan (T4) converted to a camper.

But here are some video's that will give you an idea what will fit in the Mustang Mach E:

Two child seats will fit, the middle seat will probably be a bit cramped (depends on how big your child seats are).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another video that shows 3 adults in the back. Pretty tight, but probably fine for 3 kids (until they're old enough for their own cars).

Sponsored