PHOENIX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Expedition EL, F-250
Country flag
Hi Everyone, I have created a spreadsheet which automatically updates with Ford's tracking information for tracking the production and deliveries of our Mach Es. This started as a project to track the chip held Super Duties, but it has proven so useful that when my wife and I ordered a Mach E GT I thought I would offer a tracking spreadsheet here as well.

First, a link to the spreadsheet, and then some further explanation below.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET:
MACH E AUTO-UPDATING TRACKING SPREADSHEET

LINK TO SUBMISSION FORM FOR NEW SIGNUPS:
MACH E TRACKING SPREADSHEET SUBMISSION FORM

Note, you must have a VIN before you can be added to the tracker.

---------------------

BUILD DATE USER SUBMISSIONS
USER ENTERED BUILD DATE FORM
Estimated Build Dates are not available in the data pull, so I've created a form where users can submit their build dates to automatically load into the spreadsheet.

If you have only a build week, submit that date, if you have a build day, use that. If your build date changes, or if your build week is narrowed to a build day, just open the form again, re-enter your new information and resubmit the form.

You must already be listed in the tracker, so complete that form first.

----------------------

SUMMARY AND FAQs

Introduction
: I've had pretty good success setting up auto-updating tracking spreadsheets for Ford Super Duty trucks. This has allowed users to monitor the status of a large group of trucks, and get a better idea of when they can expect theirs as well as spot delays and commodity issues. It has been well received, and when we ordered a Mach E, I thought perhaps the Mach E community would like the same kind of tracker.

This is a work in progress, and I will update the formatting, and add new columns as we progress. In the Super Duty tracker, I have a 60 character user field where anyone can post info related to their order. If that would be helpful, I could add that here also.

Here is a link to the Super Duty Trackers if you would like to see how they operate: 2022 & 2021

How it works: Ford has a customer vehicle information database which several trackers access such as the Mach E tracker here:

Mach E Tracker

When you enter your VIN and order number into the tracker, it reaches out to the Ford customer vehicle information database and returns a lump of data related to your vehicle. (Click on 'Raw Data' at the bottom of the Mach E tracking page after tracking your vehicle to see this data stream). Information like the make, model, trim, options, color, engine, dealer, status, etc. The data also includes dates such as when it was ordered, built, shipped and delivered.

I created this spreadsheet to track the Mach Es of those that want to participate. This Google Sheet spreadsheet runs a query for each Mach E every hour, and then sorts the results based on which column I choose. Currently it is sorted based on order date, but once we have several Mach Es on the tracker I will sort by production date.

It it the most recent data? It's close, but I've seen several instances where tracking on the Ford website reflects data that is slightly more updated, but the customer vehicle information database (and therefore the spreadsheet) has always synced up within 24 hours.

Security: Although I do not believe that anyone can do anything nefarious with your VIN and order number, I take steps to not make these available publicly. They are not contained in the spreadsheet.

Scale: As the number of tracked vehicles increases, the speed of the updates slows down. The realistic maximum number of vehicles seems to be about 200.

Why I did it? I simply got tired of trying to make sense of the scheduling and building process, and how they would be delivering the vehicles. Early on I initially created an excel spreadsheet for my own use, and then started sharing it on the ford-trucks forum by taking photos of my screen. I found others were seeking this data, and to have a better understanding of the process too. I knew I could not continue to manually update this spreadsheet, so I searched for a way to automatically tie the data feed to a spreadsheet. I had to learn google sheets, how to handle JSON data, and how to integrate the two. It has been a learning experience, a little stressful, but in the end, worth it I think.
Sponsored