Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My wife has been complaining about the re-circulation issue especially when she drives past the dairy farm a couple miles from our house. I used to call the re-circulation button on my fusion, the 'Cow Smell' button.
Sponsored

mike1968

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I find that the entire HVAC system basically does whatever it wants to with no logical explanation. Regardless of the settings when I turn the car off, it may decide to change the setting for AC and or E-heat. Often the AC runs even when it’s not turned on.
Yesterday it was 43F and the car decided I needed AC.

I just want to set everything the way I want it and have it stay that way! Too much to ask!
I agree, however using a quality cabin air filter that has activated charcoal will eliminate the musty smell . few weeks ago I bought PUREFLOW cabin filter and it works like magic. the smell is gone. I also attached to it a special air freshener with odor eliminator that Pureflow added. It is highly recommended combo especially if you prefer a subtle scent and delivers crisp and clean air try it : https://pureflowair.com/

Petery

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Premium e AWD
Country flag
if you run in auto mode, the system will force recirc air, instead of fresh air, most of the time, since this minimizes a/c compressor OR PTC heater power consumption. Note that auto mode will occasionally flip from recirc to fresh mode in order to purge CO2 from the cabin (not sure what the timer duration is) and then flip back to recirc.

Unfortunately, the MME doesn't offer an air quality sensor for North American spec vehicles, which would automatically flip to recirc when certain pollutants are detected
It’s annoying that after turning on air recirculation, I can detect / smell pollutants later, and then have to turn recirculating back on. It’s self-defeating. I want recirc on all the time to AVOID breathing road pollutants. And not turn it on AFTER breathing them.

Skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, 2017 Bolt with the new battery
Country flag
This feature absolutely needs to be fixed. This is a problem. I appreciate that, In an ideal world, the outside air would be great, but the fact of the matter is in big cities, We sit behind vehicles that are belching out carbon monoxide, NOx, VOC and particulates and brake dust and burning crankcase oil, cow turds, skunk, cigarettes, pot smoke, wildfires, sewage plants, rendering plants, you name it.

I know this is an old thread, but unless we're in danger of dying of hypoxia because the cabin is just so well sealed, or it's proven that people don't have the sense to turn on the defroster when the windows fog up, I'm telling you that this automatic anti-recirculate feature needs to go. And if they want to meet somewhere in the middle then do a software update that will sit there and blink a little icon that says "Hey, don't you think it'd be a great idea to let some fresh air in here?" And then you don't have to click it. And what's this about European cars having pollution sensors? Christ! Is this true? Why is America so far behind all of a sudden? I mean this is actually like a quality of life thing. My Chevy bolt doesn't do this crap. Sure, 7 years of farting into the driver's seat has an exactly made that car smell like roses, but at least it doesn't smell like a refinery and slaughterhouse when I'm sitting in traffic.

I push that record feedback button just about every morning now. I suggest everybody else does too. I don't care what the industry standard is. This is a stupid feature and it's very easily fixed.

Petery

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Premium e AWD
Country flag
This feature absolutely needs to be fixed. This is a problem. I appreciate that, In an ideal world, the outside air would be great, but the fact of the matter is in big cities, We sit behind vehicles that are belching out carbon monoxide, NOx, VOC and particulates and brake dust and burning crankcase oil, cow turds, skunk, cigarettes, pot smoke, wildfires, sewage plants, rendering plants, you name it.

I know this is an old thread, but unless we're in danger of dying of hypoxia because the cabin is just so well sealed, or it's proven that people don't have the sense to turn on the defroster when the windows fog up, I'm telling you that this automatic anti-recirculate feature needs to go. And if they want to meet somewhere in the middle then do a software update that will sit there and blink a little icon that says "Hey, don't you think it'd be a great idea to let some fresh air in here?" And then you don't have to click it. And what's this about European cars having pollution sensors? Christ! Is this true? Why is America so far behind all of a sudden? I mean this is actually like a quality of life thing. My Chevy bolt doesn't do this crap. Sure, 7 years of farting into the driver's seat has an exactly made that car smell like roses, but at least it doesn't smell like a refinery and slaughterhouse when I'm sitting in traffic.

I push that record feedback button just about every morning now. I suggest everybody else does too. I don't care what the industry standard is. This is a stupid feature and it's very easily fixed.
Could not agree more! This is my #1 annoyance with MME.
Sponsored