Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired šŸ˜Š
Country flag
Hello, all from frozen Huntsville, Alabama! As a matter of fact, we've been frozen for the past weeko_O...
It occurred to me an investment in a car cover, might be wise for the occasional snowstorms like this but more importantly, to insulate the car (which is outside 24 seven) when we are charging it at our condo

We also get occasional hail, storms and wind storms plus it gets hotter 'n heck in the summer!

Any recommendations on car covers especially ones that cater to the Mach E and have charge port access and a vented front for battery charging.

TIA!

Opa
Sponsored

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Car Cover Recommendations VNJ8Z19A412A_0

• I have this and itā€™s great. Luckily canā€™t tell you if it protects well against hail. I got it on sale about 350 and used ford points

SKU: VNJ8Z19A412A
MUSTANG MACH-E 2021-2023 CAR COVER WITH CHARGE PORT ACCESS

$459.00
or redeem up to 91,800 Points

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
For me, the real issue is the frunk lid, which (unlike an ICE car) doesn't get warm when the car runs, so any ice and snow on it must be scraped off, risking the finish on the car. The rest of the car, including the windshield, can get heat from inside (while turned on and plugged into an EVSE for power) for easier clearing. There are many windshield snow covers available on Amazon, but I would rather have a cover that would be custom fit *just* for the frunk. Does @AOSK offer anything like this or, if not, might it create something? {Jonathan}

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Are car covers good for the paint? I had heard that the movement created by strong wind can cause them to scratch the car paint.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
For me, the real issue is the frunk lid, which (unlike an ICE car) doesn't get warm when the car runs, so any ice and snow on it must be scraped off, risking the finish on the car. The rest of the car, including the windshield, can get heat from inside (while turned on and plugged into an EVSE for power) for easier clearing. There are many windshield snow covers available on Amazon, but I would rather have a cover that would be custom fit *just* for the frunk. Does @AOSK offer anything like this or, if not, might it create something? {Jonathan}
We used to have a windshield cover, but it does not work any better than those universal fit one, because the method to install them are all similar. and we had stopped selling them.

Red Hawk

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
That custom Ford Mach-E cover looks great! I'm really lo-tech though. Bought a small tarp and bungies just to cover the hood and charge port. It had snow in it last year and froze up, making it harder to close when finished charging.

Also, got the AOSK interior pano-glass insert for the summer. It actually seems to help insulate in the winter! Thanks, AOSK!

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag
Are car covers good for the paint? I had heard that the movement created by strong wind can cause them to scratch the car paint.
I havenā€™t noticed that but have wondered about it. The summers here reach temps above 110 degrees and I have experience with the damage that does to paint over time.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
No. My T/A got its paint and primer were beaten off of the car after a number of coverings. Please donā€™t cover your car if itā€™s going to be breezy. šŸ˜•šŸ©

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I found this website https://www.carcovers.com/

If you decide to get a cover from them for hail and wind, please share you experience. We have several hail storms and crazy wind between late April to late May and possibly through August.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I'm an "outside parker" (no garage) and live in the stormy SE US. I have the original Ford Mach E cover (louvers are covered). Very form fitting and it's held up well for the past 2.5 years. It does a great job of protecting from sun exposure and sap from trees. It is, however, rather thin and would not offer protection from hail that might cause damage. For those forecasts I first cover the car with 95 lb 72X80 moving blankets (a pack of 4 will run about $100) then apply the Ford cover. If necessary, I also have a medium size thick $50 Amazon-sourced cover, for additional protection. In a pinch, I've driven to nearby public places with protection (like parking garages) and brought a good book! Wish I could put up a strong metal shelter or garage, but my parking area not level enough and the cost to make it so would be prohibitive. Just some thoughts and suggestions.
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Opa