AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Maybe we have asked this of @hybrid2bev before but I can’t remember. From what has been announced or pushed to dealers from Ford Credit regarding RCL, is it still possible that Ford comes in behind the Ford Credit numbers with manufacture rebates in the form of lease cash or to buy down points?

I realize that’s probably a long shot from what we’ve heard. But then again I know sometimes Ford Credit and Ford Motor can sometimes work independently of one another.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Maybe we have asked this of @hybrid2bev before but I can’t remember. From what has been announced or pushed to dealers from Ford Credit regarding RCL, is it still possible that Ford comes in behind the Ford Credit numbers with manufacture rebates in the form of lease cash or to buy down points?

I realize that’s probably a long shot from what we’ve heard. But then again I know sometimes Ford Credit and Ford Motor can sometimes work independently of one another.
Right now I think dealers are going with the numbers they are obtaining with Options. There is still at least 3-4 weeks before taking delivery so there is some hope. I know they released the interest rate but i am still waiting for the final residual.

As to why show it maybe the dealer thinks its competitive and is not worried. Ford sure thinks so.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Right now I think dealers are going with the numbers they are obtsining with Options. There is still at least 3-4 weeks before taking delivery so there is some hope. I know the released the intereste rate but i am still waiting for the final residual.

As to why show it maybe the dealer thinks its competitive and is not worried. Ford sure thinks so.
My dealer did not seem happy when we ran the current numbers (what was in their dealer system) for Options and RCL. Seemed to suggest Ford was making it harder to sell the MachE by not passing on the tax credit and rather trying to justify the low to mid 50s residuals with it. They seemed pretty taken aback and made sure I wasn’t going to walk until they did some more investigating.

Like us I think dealers are just kind of waiting and hoping for the best.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Right now I think dealers are going with the numbers they are obtsining with Options. There is still at least 3-4 weeks before taking delivery so there is some hope. I know the released the intereste rate but i am still waiting for the final residual.

Anyone who thinks that is competitive is delusional. They should take a look at the vehicles one can lease for $820 a month and 4500 down.... For example I can lease probably the very best compact SUV ( Macan S ) for $799 a month 0 down...that leaves plenty of money for gas and maintenance over the lease. Or I can lease a Model Y and save $300+ a month, or an Audi Etron and save $200+ a month.
The Mach looks to be a great vehicle, but posting a “deal” like this will just drive potential customers away.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone who thinks that is competitive is delusional. They should take a look at the vehicles one can lease for $820 a month and 4500 down.... For example I can lease probably the very best compact SUV ( Macan S ) for $799 a month 0 down...that leaves plenty of money for gas and maintenance over the lease. Or I can lease a Model Y and save $300+ a month, or an Audi Etron and save $200+ a month.
The Mach looks to be a great vehicle, but posting a “deal” like this will just drive potential customers away.
I dont want to go down this rabbit hole again. I agree its not competitive, but these are not the final numbers from what i understand. As I have mentioned in the past I dont think Ford wants people to lease the car because if people lease the MME they might lose a lot of money later on down the line. Since it is limited production they are most likely content with people who will take the Finance or Options Plan. For those of us who want to lease, well...this might be the price, take it or leave it. I don't have any insider info. I can just go by whats posted on the Ford.ca for the lease and I can tell you that the calculator pretty much advertises the same price that is in that add. The buyback was roughly 34%.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One thing we all need to realize is that there will be about 25000 cars in North America in year 1, so if 10%-15% are leases thats 2500-3000 cars that might not be leased. I am not sure they would mind that.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Last I heard there were no plans to offer lease cash/rebates.

The final retail rates and the RCL/Options rates and residuals have all been published for deliveries on or before January 4th. The January programs have not been published yet. They could just carry over the existing programs or they could change. We’ll see what happens.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The final retail rates and the RCL/Options rates and residuals have all been published for deliveries on or before January 4th. The January programs have not been published yet. They could just carry over the existing programs or they could change. We’ll see what happens.
I am sorry to make you repeat but by what you are saying the residual for RCL and Options is the same?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I am sorry to make you repeat but by what you are saying the residual for RCL and Options is the same?
No problem, sorry if that wasn’t clear. The rates and residuals for RCL and Options both are different. Different rates, different residuals.

My point was that they are all available to the dealer.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag

Uhg. Bit of a gut punch.

My dealer was so flabbergasted he’s exploring third party leases for me. So maybe still a little bit of hope.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No problem, sorry if that wasn’t clear. The rates and residuals for RCL and Options both are different. Different rates, different residuals.

My point was that they are all available to the dealer.
Thanks for the clarification. I really want the car so i hope i dont get forced into abandoning the whole thing due to financial reasons so we'll see at the delivery day

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Why even advertise that horrible lease. The competition is probably close to $350 a month cheaper when you factor everything in.
Lease the competition. This has been discussed ad nauseam.

Of course MMEs aren’t on dealer lots so...as been pointed out by many reasonable people...today’s numbers may not be tomorrow’s....or, in this case, January’s.

Reactions: DBC

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Some strong residuals released for Bronco Sport, 58% for 3/36 per ALG. 61% for F150 Lariat 4x4.

No residuals posted from ALG yet for Mach.