Mach E for Test Driving in WA

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
For those later reservation holders that want to hop in a Mach E and test drive, Evergreen Ford and Lincoln in Issaquah, WA has a select model in Infinite Blue with some more models coming in early March. They're the only Black Label dealer in the state which is why they are the first the first to get one here
C3F3A69A-35D6-4722-93FB-C84EDADBF01E.jpeg
FF005DB3-A437-45A3-9B3D-5FFC6B93B9A2.jpeg

0FF5CC68-8E73-4E0F-BB19-40870B261D3B.jpeg

BC0713D8-2786-4AA6-BE62-E995DC28E19D.jpeg
what did you think of your test drive?

OP
OP
nfoxtrot

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
what did you think of your test drive?
I was very impressed with the quality of materials in the select model, even with no pano roof there was heaps of head room, zero fan, screen, or road noise like people have been describing (but it helps to not have a glass roof) the accelerator felt pretty good from a stop but the actual juice kicks in when you're already rolling. I wouldn't get the select but I would highly recommend it to someone that wants to get into EVs and not pay Premium AWD prices.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
I'm betting yours is the one posted at the depot yesterday. I've been stalking it along with mine :D.
What?? Show me the details and I'll confirm because that would be awesome! haven't heard from the dealer yet...

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
were those the ones that had battery issues?...
It was the first batch shipping in the new year - My Complete date was 12/31 - they never revealed the reason just said "Additional quality checks" Could have been batteries - could have been anything really... You can see the travel and notification history in my signature...

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent has an ER/AWD demo Mach-E for drives. :)
My wife and I went and drove that one on the 27th. We had been waiting until we could test drive it - I couldn't spend that kind of money without driving one first - before making the decision between a Mach E and a Model Y. Thoroughly impressed with the Mach E and went home and ordered a Rapid Red ER AWD. We have a prior relationship with Bowen and we're working with them. No ADM and accepts X-plan :D

artifact

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD Infinite Blue Premium AWD Onyx
Country flag
Drove down from Spokane to test drive in Pullman. Jess Ford is listing their service loaner with 2k miles on it as new. Red Premium AWD.

duneii

First Name
Siri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in '18, Mach E LR AWD-order
Country flag
Are any of you getting the run around on actually booking a time slot to test drive? At my closest dealer in Ford of Kirkland, I called and the guy basically said no car for test drive and hung up.

Then I went through the website to request more info on the Premium AWD ext range test drive car and got tons of spam email and a few calls to come down and talk about buying for a few grand above MSRP. When I told them I have an order placed back in Jan, they said they can sell for a few grand above MSRP if I cancel my order and they get the car to sell. Now I'm worried they will try to sell my car if for instance I'm out of on the date the car arrives. ?

Ideas or suggestions? Should I move my order to another dealer?

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Are any of you getting the run around on actually booking a time slot to test drive? At my closest dealer in Ford of Kirkland, I called and the guy basically said no car for test drive and hung up.

Then I went through the website to request more info on the Premium AWD ext range test drive car and got tons of spam email and a few calls to come down and talk about buying for a few grand above MSRP. When I told them I have an order placed back in Jan, they said they can sell for a few grand above MSRP if I cancel my order and they get the car to sell. Now I'm worried they will try to sell my car if for instance I'm out of on the date the car arrives. ?

Well, only you can decide that. But they don't sound like the kind of people I would want to do business with!

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Anecdotally, I did not have good experiences with Ford of Kirkland. My first visit back in February, the sales staff spent half the time trashing EVs and complaining about the Mustang branding. I then got a call a couple weeks ago (sounds like you did too) and they tried to sell me their demo car (with well over 1k miles on it) for $7k over MSRP.

If you're still looking for a test drive in your general area, I found Auto Nation in Bellevue to be more accommodating, as well as Pierre Ford in Seattle. In my experience, dealerships are more likely to let you drive longer if you set up time during the day on weekdays (if that's possible for you).

As for your order, it might be worth trying to get a hold of the GM of sales, or at least someone up the chain a bit, to get some assurances in writing/email. I was unable to find the right set of hoops to jump through to change dealerships on an accepted order (at least when I tried back in February), and I don't think canceling your order is worth losing the opportunity. In the meantime though, keep a sharp eye out for "your car" popping up at other dealerships. Seems like most of the Seattle area dealerships are slapping ADM on their inventory, but there are still some in Western Washington who will sell at MSRP and even with X-Plan if you cast a wider net.

duneii

First Name
Siri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in '18, Mach E LR AWD-order
Country flag
Anecdotally, I did not have good experiences with Ford of Kirkland. My first visit back in February, the sales staff spent half the time trashing EVs and complaining about the Mustang branding. I then got a call a couple weeks ago (sounds like you did too) and they tried to sell me their demo car (with well over 1k miles on it) for $7k over MSRP.
An update: Stopped by Ford of Kirkland as I had time. They had a newer Select from test drive (I guess they sold their previous test drive car). It was pretty chill. They gave the keys and basically co me back in an hour. My view of the dealership improved. I think I got a bad sales person previously.... now on to waiting for my MME to be built later this month...

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
An update: Stopped by Ford of Kirkland as I had time. They had a newer Select from test drive (I guess they sold their previous test drive car). It was pretty chill. They gave the keys and basically co me back in an hour. My view of the dealership improved. I think I got a bad sales person previously.... now on to waiting for my MME to be built later this month...
Good to hear! It's wild how variable two visits to the same dealership can be. Hopefully they can build up some more trust with you.
Sponsored