Mach e GT. (Non PE) Love the car hate the ride!

Bill888

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Mortgage
Country flag
Anyone know of an after market solution to soften the ride? Lol.... Yes, I am 73 years old and love my pony but want to enjoy my coffee without spilling it all over my car! My 18 & 22 yr old kids refuse to ride in the back because it is to bouncy to text... lol, just saying. There must be a solution.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I just got my GT this week. I had a select before and always drove in unbridled 1 pedal. Now that I have the GT I almost think I like the Engage mode. Not sure. But I tried Whisper mode and it seemed to soften the ride a bit. Maybe worth a shot...or just get rid of your kids. That might be easier :)

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
It could also be the seats. I have the GTPE with the Magneride suspension. I call it "firm". My wife calls it "harsh". Nobody likes to ride in the back seat even with the "Vista Dome".

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone know of an after market solution to soften the ride? Lol.... Yes, I am 73 years old and love my pony but want to enjoy my coffee without spilling it all over my car! My 18 & 22 yr old kids refuse to ride in the back because it is to bouncy to text... lol, just saying. There must be a solution.
Thoughts?
Some people have had success with k&w Coilovers.

I am considering myself, want to make sure that it really solives the problem since it is costly,

check the threads

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
Take air out of tires and get used to the poor ride from ford. That or 3k plus installation for coil overs. In the future there might be a damper solution from koni or bilstein.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I just got my GT this week. I had a select before and always drove in unbridled 1 pedal. Now that I have the GT I almost think I like the Engage mode. Not sure. But I tried Whisper mode and it seemed to soften the ride a bit. Maybe worth a shot...or just get rid of your kids. That might be easier :)
The suspension on the non-PE version of the GT does not change with drive mode. Only the GTPE has drive-mode suspension adjustment. The drive mode changes the steering, braking, and acceleration curve only. (Oh, and graphics on the displays too.)

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Thoughts?
There is another thread of almost exactly the same title. It has tons of info on the various things people have done to improve the ride. I recently installed (with a lot of help from a fellow forum member) replacement sway bars made by Steeda, and they've made a big difference on my GT. The ride is still definitely firm, but it is now more controlled and I haven't felt queasy since the change. And as @kennethjk said, K&W coil-overs are another possibility, but they cost about five times the cost of the sway bars, so they're a tougher pill to swallow (though those that have installed them seem to feel they make a substantial difference).

Good luck. Oh, and in the interim, get a travel coffee mug from Hydroflask (or similar). The small opening makes spilling your coffee very hard to do! 😊
Sponsored