Very interesting…

Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It’s an interesting comparison, definitely good to hear the back to back suspension impressions.

Not really surprised the acceleration was basically a draw. Only 0-60 advantage for the GTPE is 5% more tq and better traction.

And looking at how much dust was kicked up in that parking lot, more tq probably hurt more than helped in the traction category.

I’d love to see more 0-60 at full charge and on a sticky street (or track) or with better tires. I spin both from a stop and again at 35-40 mph on the street in my GTPE every time.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
This is by no means a perfect test but it does bring up the question of whether the extra weight of the PE with magnaride, bluecruise (not sure if this has additional equipment), and the pano roof means that the fastest GT you can buy is the base GT?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This is by no means a perfect test but it does bring up the question of whether the extra weight of the PE with magnaride, bluecruise (not sure if this has additional equipment), and the pano roof means that the fastest GT you can buy is the base GT?
I wouldn’t read into it too much. Low state of charge, dusty parking lot (bad traction).

People have estimated a difference of 30-60 lbs for the roof. Unlikely that would make a measurable difference in 0-60 times.

The fastest measured 0-60 and 1/4 mile times to date have all come from fully loaded GTPE’s.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The magneride should actually be a benefit due to the fine control it has allowing for better suspension control during launch and hard cornering. The problems the GTPE has are due to poor traction, and that IMO comes from an undersized wheel and tire package.

Sure I have my own bias as when it comes to my opinion on pirelli p zero tires as there is no love lost lol, as in my experience the ones that do have good levels of grip also have performance that falls of a cliff long before you have reach a reasonable tread life.

I went in giving these bespoke ones on the GTPE the benefit of the doubt, but after months of using them I would have to rate these tires from a performance perspective as eco junk, they may work well on a sticky prepped surface but on everyday road surfaces they have been nothing but a recipe for illuminating the traction control indicator.

It probably won't be until we start seeing more EV performance tire options readily available that actually allow the GTPE to fully utilize its power that the benefits of those extra few ft/lbs and the magneride can be seen. So while the current 5 second power limitation is poor, increasing it isn't going to be of much use when the vehicle already has traction issues.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
For me it really boils down to Magneride vs the seats for comfort. If only there was a way to mix-and-match

OP
OP
CesarG

CesarG

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE ('22)
Country flag
The magneride should actually be a benefit due to the fine control it has allowing for better suspension control during launch and hard cornering. The problems the GTPE has are due to poor traction, and that IMO comes from an undersized wheel and tire package.

Sure I have my own bias as when it comes to my opinion on pirelli p zero tires as there is no love lost lol, as in my experience the ones that do have good levels of grip also have performance that falls of a cliff long before you have reach a reasonable tread life.

I went in giving these bespoke ones on the GTPE the benefit of the doubt, but after months of using them I would have to rate these tires from a performance perspective as eco junk, they may work well on a sticky prepped surface but on everyday road surfaces they have been nothing but a recipe for illuminating the traction control indicator.

It probably won't be until we start seeing more EV performance tire options readily available that actually allow the GTPE to fully utilize its power that the benefits of those extra few ft/lbs and the magneride can be seen. So while the current 5 second power limitation is poor, increasing it isn't going to be of much use when the vehicle already has traction issues.

Have you changed your tires/wheels yet? If you have, what specs did you pick? I'm hoping my GTPE arrives sometime in March/April, but the stock tire/wheel combo is not very convincing and I'm trying to gauge whether I should be ready to receive it with a wider tire/wheel combo (realizing this will decrease my range, which I'm not too worried about).

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Have you changed your tires/wheels yet? If you have, what specs did you pick? I'm hoping my GTPE arrives sometime in March/April, but the stock tire/wheel combo is not very convincing and I'm trying to gauge whether I should be ready to receive it with a wider tire/wheel combo (realizing this will decrease my range, which I'm not too worried about).
I have not changed the wheel tire package yet, the tires I want to try out are the pilot sport EV but as of yet they are not readily available in a selection of sizes. EVs are always going to be a compromise when it comes to picking a tire in regards to size and range, but EV's also have other considerations that dictate the design of the tire so I would rather try out the EV specific pilot sport instead of going down the route of using the regular pilots sport 4s that I have fitted to my focus.
Sponsored