OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yep, but Willow Springs straight is a worst case for rwd. Cold outside, C8 suffered. Dusty track. Same. C8 runs 11.1-11.3@120-122mph in decent, non-track conditions. Game over.
Of course, in perfect conditions, on bench racing/magazine racing whatever, the C8 has an advantage.

Real world, regular driver? Traction is king. And at a stoplight without launch control? BEV for the win.

The C8 is a monster. I think it’s a compliment to even be “in the race.”

That said, the C8 seems to be launching just fine. Not struggling for traction like the gt500.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, not a Corvette but I got a little Mexican road action with a BMW M-series SUV yesterday. Stop light went green, I pulled out like grandma on a Sunday afternoon, I heard him romp it, I got on it after my abysmal normal reaction time. He had a wheel on me, then the AWD and torque of the electric pony got me about a length and a half advantage. I let off at about 75 (give or take). He was totally pulling on me at that point. Less than a car length lead for me then. We gave each other thumbs up at the next intersection. ??

Pretty sure he would have had me in a quarter mile race. ??‍♂?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Of course, in perfect conditions, on bench racing/magazine racing whatever, the C8 has an advantage.

Real world, regular driver? Traction is king. And at a stoplight without launch control? BEV for the win.

The C8 is a monster. I think it’s a compliment to even be “in the race.”

That said, the C8 seems to be launching just fine. Not struggling for traction like the gt500.
No doubt. The C8 does not fight for traction like a 500 does. And whenever I’m in the C8, I’ve got it set up to click into launch mode quickly whenever I see something I want to run. Heck, I solo launch off of red lights sometimes just for funsies because it’s awesome.

And yes, quite the compliment for the MME to at all run with the C8. Also a compliment to the C8 as that 0-60 time is downright nasty and previously only seen in true hypercars and performance BEVs. It’s a hell of a lot of fun.
Sponsored