Mach-E & Kia Niro EV in MotorTrend

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E & Kia Niro EV in MotorTrend PhotoGrid_1582722243022

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E & Kia Niro EV in MotorTrend 20200226_075750

I was reading my new issue of Motor Trend this morning (April 2020) and this article tested the three EVs you see here.
And one of the things that caught my eye was what I considered to be some shared design themes between the Niro EV and the Mach-E.
Nothing radical and certainly one didn't copy the other but look at the front bumpers/fascias of these two cars.
The bottom grille of the Niro and its side "air inlets" and turn signal/fog light pods look a lot like the front of the MEGT.
Just thought I'd share. I found it interesting and a good article if you have a chance to read it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess when redesigning where to put air inlets when you no longer have a radiator grille, there's only a few places left to put them. Bound to be some overlaps.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Nothing radical and certainly one didn't copy the other but look at the front bumpers/fascias of these two cars.
The bottom grille of the Niro and its side "air inlets" and turn signal/fog light pods look a lot like the front of the MEGT.
Just thought I'd share. I found it interesting and a good article if you have a chance to read it.
Considering that Kia displayed that front fascia as early as Feb. of last year (if not earlier), one might say that it’s the MEGT that looks a lot like the Kia, rather than the other way around.
Sponsored