Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got back from the MachE Road Trip hosted in Dixon CA. Very happy I went. I was in the first scheduled hour at Noon. Quite a few people there already which was good to see. People seemed to have a lot of interest in the car. Someone was flying a drone and filming the event.

I spoke to quite a few people while waiting for my turn with the car. At least in the initial batch of people, I was the only one there that had pre-purchased the MachE. Some prospective Tesla customers there that I had conversations with. I gave them my reasons for cancelling not one but two Tesla orders and finally going with the MachE. When I brought up the $7500 tax credit, I saw their resolve start to buckle. I think at least one conversion happened today!

First off, nice swag. I would have preferred the MachE Yeti tumbler but this will do!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA 7uvhZd

This dealership had a Star White CA Route 1 and a Premium Infinite Blue.

My thoughts:

The two reps showing the cars knew their stuff. I was shocked and impressed. I knew a little more, but they were very much informed on all aspects of the MachE (good news!).

Frunk smaller than I expected but very usable. If I can remove the dividers I probably will.

The vehicle is shorter than I expected it to be. I really would not categorize the MachE in the SUV category. At most it's a crossover.

Interior is sparse as expected and a little underwhelming, save for the panoramic roof.

Pano roof is gorgeous. Sitting in the back seat, the pano roof just gives a sense of space. Love it.

As others have noted, seats are crazy comfortable.

The UI Tablet is very responsive. From my experience with Tesla this UI is snappier and much improved. I'm not a huge fan of the dial. I wish it was carbon fiber or glossy black and not silver, but that's a minor complaint. I am happy to have the dial.

Cargo space with seats down seems more than adequate.

Infinite Blue color is MUCH better looking in person.

One thing that bugged me about Tesla (being a self detailer and super picky about paint) was how terrible the paint jobs were overall. These MachE display models had absolutely perfect paint. Very high quality paint job. Also panel gaps were non existent.

I am much more excited now having sat in this car. The next two months are going to be difficult as I wait for my GB FE to make it's way to CA. If you can get to a road show, do it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA QlRWh9U

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA HQc3Qql

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA O2lVyPO

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA vg3bHyS

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA IfJbWBE

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA WQ1zwAB

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA 20201107_132400

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA 20201107_132410

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Tour Review From Dixon, CA 20201107_132428

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Nice. Sounds like they were well organized.

How were the best tacos in town?
The taco truck had not yet arrived when I left the dealership about 12:40. It was well organized and they were getting side traffic from people at the dealership for other reasons so I would say this was a successful stop.

EDIT: I see the taco truck in my own pictures. I guess I was too focused on the cars! ?

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The taco truck had not yet arrived when I left the dealership about 12:40. It was well organized and they were getting side traffic from people at the dealership for other reasons so I would say this was a successful stop.

EDIT: I see the taco truck in my own pictures. I guess I was too focused on the cars! ?
wait, I thought we had to have 2016 go the other way to get the taco trucks at every dealer? (*)

(*) this is sort-of political but I'm hoping it's not crossing the line.

frank.herbst

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, , Subaru Imprez
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maric,
Thanks for the review. I'm a long time Ford owner and have been thinking about getting a Mach-E.
Frank

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just got back from the MachE Road Trip hosted in Dixon CA. Very happy I went. I was in the first scheduled hour at Noon. Quite a few people there already which was good to see. People seemed to have a lot of interest in the car. Someone was flying a drone and filming the event.

I spoke to quite a few people while waiting for my turn with the car. At least in the initial batch of people, I was the only one there that had pre-purchased the MachE. Some prospective Tesla customers there that I had conversations with. I gave them my reasons for cancelling not one but two Tesla orders and finally going with the MachE. When I brought up the $7500 tax credit, I saw their resolve start to buckle. I think at least one conversion happened today!

First off, nice swag. I would have preferred the MachE Yeti tumbler but this will do!

This dealership had a Star White CA Route 1 and a Premium Infinite Blue.

My thoughts:

The two reps showing the cars knew their stuff. I was shocked and impressed. I knew a little more, but they were very much informed on all aspects of the MachE (good news!).

Frunk smaller than I expected but very usable. If I can remove the dividers I probably will.

The vehicle is shorter than I expected it to be. I really would not categorize the MachE in the SUV category. At most it's a crossover.

Interior is sparse as expected and a little underwhelming, save for the panoramic roof.

Pano roof is gorgeous. Sitting in the back seat, the pano roof just gives a sense of space. Love it.

As others have noted, seats are crazy comfortable.

The UI Tablet is very responsive. From my experience with Tesla this UI is snappier and much improved. I'm not a huge fan of the dial. I wish it was carbon fiber or glossy black and not silver, but that's a minor complaint. I am happy to have the dial.

Cargo space with seats down seems more than adequate.

Infinite Blue color is MUCH better looking in person.

One thing that bugged me about Tesla (being a self detailer and super picky about paint) was how terrible the paint jobs were overall. These MachE display models had absolutely perfect paint. Very high quality paint job. Also panel gaps were non existent.

I am much more excited now having sat in this car. The next two months are going to be difficult as I wait for my GB FE to make it's way to CA. If you can get to a road show, do it!

Thanks for the nice pictures - and nice swag :)

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Great pics! I'm telling you, my dealer is going to have zero swag and I'm going to be so disappointed, I just know it

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Saw would be nice at the one I'm going to this week but I have hopes for something even better ?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Saw would be nice at the one I'm going to this week but I have hopes for something even better ?
If you get a ride along, I want impressions of cabin noise please

RonG

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade, 2018 MB GLC AMG 43. Previously owned Mustangs: 1965 hardtop, 1967 Fastback, 1966 Fastback
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks so much for the nice pics. I must say tho, those wheels on the white one are UGLY. They are just about as ugly as the similar looking wheel covers that Tesla offer. IMO anyway. I hope I haven't offended anyone who ordered the vehicle with those wheels.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks so much for the nice pics. I must say tho, those wheels on the white one are UGLY. They are just about as ugly as the similar looking wheel covers that Tesla offer. IMO anyway. I hope I haven't offended anyone who ordered the vehicle with those wheels.
If the Route 1 wheel covers are like Tesla, underneath you have regular rims. Those covers are what allow the Route 1 to get the best range of the trims. But yeah, they aren’t the prettiest but I’d say I like them over Tesla’s wheel covers.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I ordered a route 1- and I wholeheartedly agree with you about the aero covers. The original covers were silver and looked much better. I'm hoping the gloss black wheels underneath look much better.