wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Thanks for posting these. I was at the same event at the same time. You actually caught me in your pic where the hood of the blue Mach-e is open - I am at the far right (background) taking a picture of one of the posters. Nice shot of my backside! It was actually a beautiful day to see the cars - bright, azure and partially cloudy sky. My 18 year old son was with me, and when he sat in the back seat, he audibly gasped when he looked up at the view thru the panorama window. The screen of the display was v clear and the pictures from the backup cam were v sharp and bright. My only complaint was I’m not a big fan of the two step method to open the front and back doors. I would sacrifice a tiny bit of efficiency for having a door handle that I could walk up to and just put my hand in and have the door open with one pull. BTW - not to brag - but I had 3 pens in my swag bag!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Pano roof is gorgeous. Sitting in the back seat, the pano roof just gives a sense of space. Love it.
It was actually a beautiful day to see the cars - bright, azure and partially cloudy sky. My 18 year old son was with me, and when he sat in the back seat, he audibly gasped when he looked up at the view thru the panorama window.
Thanks for the reports. At the dealer we went to the cars were inside so the pano roof was hard to judge. My wife was concerned about it producing glare for the front seats. Did you notice anything? Just curious.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the reports. At the dealer we went to the cars were inside so the pano roof was hard to judge. My wife was concerned about it producing glare for the front seats. Did you notice anything? Just curious.
I did not notice glare - but was not actually looking for it - so if there is, it is probably minimal - but maybe the angle of the car, sun, etc would influence this. I have a reservation for another tour stop in Roseville (would like my wife to see the car) - so if we go, I will pay more attention to this issue.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I get migraines so I looked for that explicitly. With the front seat in the position that felt comfortable to me the roof starts far back enough that I don't think sun will be a problem when driving. It was also a cloudless sunny day and sitting in the back seat the sun wasn't too bright through the glass at all.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I did not notice glare - but was not actually looking for it - so if there is, it is probably minimal - but maybe the angle of the car, sun, etc would influence this. I have a reservation for another tour stop in Roseville (would like my wife to see the car) - so if we go, I will pay more attention to this issue.
I get migraines so I looked for that explicitly. With the front seat in the position that felt comfortable to me the roof starts far back enough that I don't think sun will be a problem when driving. It was also a cloudless sunny day and sitting in the back seat the sun wasn't too bright through the glass at all.
Thanks so much to both of you. I'll pass it on. She also has an issue with migraines.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Zero glare. I guess different conditions could change that. But the tablet was totally legible . I would say as others have commented that I wish the tablet was cocked a few degrees towards the driver position. However I read Ford did not do so specifically to solve for glare.

Sitting in the back seat,no heat transfer from the glass. Whatever tech they used for the pano seems to work very well.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for posting these. I was at the same event at the same time. You actually caught me in your pic where the hood of the blue Mach-e is open - I am at the far right (background) taking a picture of one of the posters. Nice shot of my backside! It was actually a beautiful day to see the cars - bright, azure and partially cloudy sky. My 18 year old son was with me, and when he sat in the back seat, he audibly gasped when he looked up at the view thru the panorama window. The screen of the display was v clear and the pictures from the backup cam were v sharp and bright. My only complaint was I’m not a big fan of the two step method to open the front and back doors. I would sacrifice a tiny bit of efficiency for having a door handle that I could walk up to and just put my hand in and have the door open with one pull. BTW - not to brag - but I had 3 pens in my swag bag!
I saw you. You had an SLR or digital camera right? I was wondering if you were looking to buy the car for your son.?. You’re right though. Perfect day for the showing.

I thought the back door opened nicely. The front door was more awkward but I think it’s just something to get used to.

Oh I also agree on the backup camera. I meant to comment on that. The MachE probably has the largest, clearest backup camera screen I’ve seen. The clarity was stunning and the birds eye view was awesome.

I’m also going to Future Ford Roseville which is my local dealer and where I ordered the car from. Maybe see you there!

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I saw you. You had an SLR or digital camera right? I was wondering if you were looking to buy the car for your son.?. You’re right though. Perfect day for the showing.

I thought the back door opened nicely. The front door was more awkward but I think it’s just something to get used to.

Oh I also agree on the backup camera. I meant to comment on that. The MachE probably has the largest, clearest backup camera screen I’ve seen. The clarity was stunning and the birds eye view was awesome.

I’m also going to Future Ford Roseville which is my local dealer and where I ordered the car from. Maybe see you there!
Yes I was caring a DSLR (Sony). When I saw that the Mach-e was coming, I told myself I could get one when I retired - that happened last June, but I actually ordered my GT in November of last year. Not sure why I think I need that much power. I just like the look. Obviously I still have a long wait. I drive a 9 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee that will be 10 years old when the Mustang arrives - although I have the AWD version on order, I do not view this car as a "camping" vehicle - so I will keep the Jeep for those purposes. My son hopes he will benefit from a hand-me-down of the Mach-e. Maybe. I too ordered from the Roseville dealer - I have a reservation for Wednesday to show my wife the car - but she would like to get away for a couple of days this week - so not sure if I'll make it. BTW do you know if that dealer adds ADMs? In any event it is a beautiful car. Glad we got to see it.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Yes I was caring a DSLR (Sony). When I saw that the Mach-e was coming, I told myself I could get one when I retired - that happened last June, but I actually ordered my GT in November of last year. Not sure why I think I need that much power. I just like the look. Obviously I still have a long wait. I drive a 9 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee that will be 10 years old when the Mustang arrives - although I have the AWD version on order, I do not view this car as a "camping" vehicle - so I will keep the Jeep for those purposes. My son hopes he will benefit from a hand-me-down of the Mach-e. Maybe. I too ordered from the Roseville dealer - I have a reservation for Wednesday to show my wife the car - but she would like to get away for a couple of days this week - so not sure if I'll make it. BTW do you know if that dealer adds ADMs? In any event it is a beautiful car. Glad we got to see it.
Dealers should not be adding any ADM's if you ordered online. Also, if you have X-plan pricing they can not. You can get x-plan pricing by joining mustang club of America for $25. This will lower the price of the car and block extra fees.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealers should not be adding any ADM's if you ordered online. Also, if you have X-plan pricing they can not. You can get x-plan pricing by joining mustang club of America for $25. This will lower the price of the car and block extra fees.
Thanks for the tip. I just joined the MCA. Now back to the long wait...

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Before I placed my original order I was assured no ADM and the Terms of my order that the dealer and I agreed to had no ADM. I did get Xplan 'just in case' but I went to Ford Corporate about an issue with my FE and I don't believe the dealer is going to play any more games with me. ;)

If I could wait for the GT I would. I need the car by Feb. because my lease is up on my Q5.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Dealers can still get markups by doing things like "protection packages," alarm systems, tint, pin striping, etc.

One should ask the dealer for in writing confirmation that they will not do this.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
When I saw the stang at Ken Grody in Orange county Cali, I got no swag?. Hopefully my dealer in Temecula will give me something??

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
Yes, I ordered a route 1- and I wholeheartedly agree with you about the aero covers. The original covers were silver and looked much better. I'm hoping the gloss black wheels underneath look much better.
I also have RT1 to be built week 12/7. I wonder if covers could be wrapped to look like originally advertised, painting then sparkle silver must have proven to expensive or difficult

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Thanks so much for the nice pics. I must say tho, those wheels on the white one are UGLY. They are just about as ugly as the similar looking wheel covers that Tesla offer. IMO anyway. I hope I haven't offended anyone who ordered the vehicle with those wheels.
Yeah those are the wheels on the Ca. Rte. 1- my original order. I changed to a premium, I'm glad I did!
Sponsored