Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
For phones, 15 W should be plenty. But it would have been nice if it supported USB PD to charge laptops with at least 45 W... Or even a USB PD adapter to trickle charge the 12 V battery, lol
yeah for the laptop case that's where a 120V would have been nice. on the other hand inverters are readily available for the 12V power points... we don't know what they are rated for right now though I don't think?
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
While I understand the logic behind using an external inverter with any of the 12v ports this confirms I am going to miss the integrated AC outlet that my old Escape Hybrid came with.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
For phones, 15 W should be plenty. But it would have been nice if it supported USB PD to charge laptops with at least 45 W... Or even a USB PD adapter to trickle charge the 12 V battery, lol
Actually, it would have been nice if they would have just put in a 120VAC outlet ?

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I'm reminded of my buddy and hi '96 Mustang GT. He had mounted a video camera in the car, and had installed an inverter to supply the power. What he ended up doing is turning the 12V DC into 120V AC only to transform it back to 12V DC that the camera used. :rolleyes:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
yeah for the laptop case that's where a 120V would have been nice. on the other hand inverters are readily available for the 12V power points... we don't know what they are rated for right now though I don't think?
I wonder if finding/accessing the fuse box is better or worse than finding the jump points for the 12V battery...
Sponsored