Magneride, 360 camera and options not on spec sheet?

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
On Ford's current Mustang Mach-E Tech Specs pdf, I see they don't mention a 360deg camera for the GT. Any chance this will be an option? I also don't see mention of a magnaride suspension for it, but I saw mention of it elsewhere. One would think I wouldn't have to ask these questions at this point, but I know some of you have information that isnt found or rather isnt easily found on Ford.com.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
One would think I wouldn't have to ask these questions at this point
You would think, but you'd be wrong

Yes there have been several interviews talking up the GT performance having magneride suspension. As far as a 360 camera, if you go to the Mach E page on ford.com and open the "compare model specs" link the chart shows the 360 camera as optional.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The camera, park assist and glass roof are optional on the Gt. translate .. extra cost, and kind of an odd choice to leave off of the top end model. ugg...

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
With the unknown prices for all these options I hope adding Magnaride, glass roof, camera, park assist etc. doesn't push the price to $70k. That price would have me change my mind.

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
With the unknown prices for all these options I hope adding Magnaride, glass roof, camera, park assist etc. doesn't push the price to $70k. That price would have me change my mind.
I was thinking the same thing, and I hope it doesn't push the price to $70K. The GT qualifies for the federal credit, so that helps saves some money on the price. We probably won't see the GT options until late this year or early next year.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing, and I hope it doesn't push the price to $70K. The GT qualifies for the federal credit, so that helps saves some money on the price. We probably won't see the GT options until late this year or early next year.
The federal credit does help, and it's part of the reason I'm waiting for the GT rather than jumping on a Model Y performance today. However, if the GT Performance with glass roof and camera is close to $70k, it does make that decision a lot harder.

I am hoping that the options and pricing to come out along with the other models in a month or two. Even if the GT orders won't be put into the production queue until later, I imagine there are folks who will need to know in June what the cost of a GT with options is as they decide between waiting for it or ordering an ER now.

OP
OP

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
I am hoping that the options and pricing to come out along with the other models in a month or two. Even if the GT orders won't be put into the production queue until later, I imagine there are folks who will need to know in June what the cost of a GT with options is as they decide between waiting for it or ordering an ER now.
For me, it's GT or or Model Y Performance. I'm willing to live without the performance pack stuff if its gonna be $7k-$9k. I must have the 360 camera tho. I love it too much on our Traverse and hate that it's not on our Model X. I'm sure I can live without the glass roof to. I'll have to sit in the back of one with and one without before I decide on that tho. In my opinion, they really need to make these available to see by the public from the inside before taking orders.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
At a guess I would hope with the 60k base price that a fully optioned GT performance to come in around 65k. the tax credit helps but depending on which state you are in that really only helps cover the sales tax. Hopefully dealers will honor the x-plan pricing to keep it competitive with the model Y.

As ford likes to go down the packages route, wouldn't be surprised to see some options bundled together with reduced cost as an incentive. The park assist 2.0 comes with the 360 camera so never understood why it was split out. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see if it bundled with the roof, on a couple of the escape trims if you want the adaptive cruise you need to take the panoramic roof, so would not be at all surprised if this was the same for the mach-e and come in around $1500 for the roof and 360 cameras.

Which leaves around $3500 for the performance pack. I suspect we won't be getting 6 piston calipers up front :( so imagine it will be the Magneride, sports seats and the other 20" wheels though for 3.5k it should really be enough to include 6 piston calipers.

Of course suspect the grabber blue with be the cost paint option, and if the rumor is true the other planned GT color would be the same.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I’m a bit confused about these package discussions. Aren’t these already built into the different models such as Select vs Premium? These already have their own tier of features. Why would we expect packages beyond this?

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I’m a bit confused about these package discussions. Aren’t these already built into the different models such as Select vs Premium? These already have their own tier of features. Why would we expect packages beyond this?
I think the biggest hole is in the lack of GT package information. I'd really love to see that info.

I think the Select and Premium packages are mostly known, but maybe something new will come up with those as well.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I would have assumed the GT would have all the features of the less expensive models plus the greater output, 20” wheels & unique stitching. It may be similar to the Polestar’s pricing scheme with very few extras since almost everything is already included.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I would have assumed the GT would have all the features of the less expensive models plus the greater output, 20” wheels & unique stitching. It may be similar to the Polestar’s pricing scheme with very few extras since almost everything is already included.
GT is missing several items including panoramic glass roof and Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera

The GT Performance package is also not confirmed, I don't believe. Magneride is in it and supposedly a little faster 0-60, as well as upgraded forged aluminum wheels. Not sure if there is anything more.

OP
OP

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Magneride is in it and supposedly a little faster 0-60, as well as upgraded forged aluminum wheels.
Why is the GT the only trim on the spec sheet shown "with optional equipment"? It would so much less confusing if it only mentioned standard equipment.

I'm betting the improved 0-60 is just do to the magazine suspension.
Sponsored