Magneride, 360 camera and options not on spec sheet?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
GT is missing several items including panoramic glass roof and Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera

The GT Performance package is also not confirmed, I don't believe. Magneride is in it and supposedly a little faster 0-60, as well as upgraded forged aluminum wheels. Not sure if there is anything more.
That doesn’t seem to make that a very good deal unless the 0-60 & wheels are uber important. Missing features in less expensive versions and paying more? Hmm. It’s hard to believe the GT won’t have the missing features, but we’ll see.
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Why is the GT the only trim on the spec sheet shown "with optional equipment"? It would so much less confusing if it only mentioned standard equipment.

I'm betting the improved 0-60 is just do to the magazine suspension.
I'm glad they list the options. I suspect they did this to confirm that, although features like pano roof are not standard, they will be available as options.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That doesn’t seem to make that a very good deal unless the 0-60 & wheels are uber important. Missing features in less expensive versions and paying more? Hmm. It’s hard to believe the GT won’t have the missing features, but we’ll see.
Maybe hard to believe but that is exactly how it's listed on the "Compare Models" portion of the Ford page. Some of those standard features on the lower models are options on the GT.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GT is missing several items including panoramic glass roof and Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera

The GT Performance package is also not confirmed, I don't believe. Magneride is in it and supposedly a little faster 0-60, as well as upgraded forged aluminum wheels. Not sure if there is anything more.
This is what will be part of the Performance package:

mustang-mach-e-gt-performance-edition-jpg.jpg

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
The biggest thing you get with the GT is the bigger motor on the front axle and upgraded brakes. In order to provide that for a price not too different from the AWD extended range Premium, the GT loses some of the luxury items in the Premium.

Those luxury items, I'm sure, will be available in an optional package. And I will be interested!

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Magneride, 360 camera and options not on spec sheet? mustang-mach-e-gt-performance-edition-
I'm sure this information is accurate, although maybe not complete. Until I see the official GT Preformance package announced from Ford, we won't really know the full extent of what is in it.

Above you will see "Key targeted features". This gives them room to adjust the final package.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sure this information is accurate, although maybe not complete. Until I see the official GT Preformance package announced from Ford, we won't really know the full extent of what is in it.

Above you will see "Key targeted features". This gives them room to adjust the final package.
I suspect the main reason for the "targeted" disclaimer is that the first three items (accel., HP, and range) are all targeted and not yet confirmed. The rest of the package may be pretty accurate. This is an official Ford announcement.
You're correct though that it's not the final one, and anything might change. But then again anything in the configurator might also change until all options are finalized. For example, even colors that were on there for the GT (and which some of us reserved) have already been changed.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, the GT was already down to 250 range.
It doesn't matter to me -- this will be my "in town" car. We have the XC90 PHEV for the long hauls.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Magneride, 360 camera and options not on spec sheet? mustang-mach-e-gt-performance-edition-
3 second range? What does that mean? 3-4? 2.5-3.5? A single number isn’t a range.
And is it “targeted” or is it based on “engineerng” simulations?

They list range with a sub bullet “efficiency” and then they list battery capacity with a sub bullet “range.”

Is this an official document or something an enthusiast put together?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3 second range? What does that mean? 3-4? 2.5-3.5? A single number isn’t a range.
And is it “targeted” or is it based on “engineerng” simulations?

They list range with a sub bullet “efficiency” and then they list battery capacity with a sub bullet “range.”

Is this an official document or something an enthusiast put together?
From Ford:
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...pdf/Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition.pdf

I think a mid-3 second range should mean somewhere around 3.4 to 3.6. I'm assuming it's a targeted range based on engineering simulations. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Thanks.

They can using engineering simulations to gauge how plausible their targets are, but I'd consider a target and a simulation to be different entities. But I really only brought that up to point out the typo (engineerng). Along with the other oddities, it got my spidy sense tingling, mistakenly, that it might not be legitimate.

B_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Country flag
Not exactly thrilled with the 235 miles per charge, but the other features look great. For long hauls I have an IC SUV. With all of the output, suspension, tires and performance upgrades, might b a fun vehicle to track with. Lime Rock here I come!!!

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
At a guess I would hope with the 60k base price that a fully optioned GT performance to come in around 65k. the tax credit helps but depending on which state you are in that really only helps cover the sales tax. Hopefully dealers will honor the x-plan pricing to keep it competitive with the model Y.

As ford likes to go down the packages route, wouldn't be surprised to see some options bundled together with reduced cost as an incentive. The park assist 2.0 comes with the 360 camera so never understood why it was split out. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see if it bundled with the roof, on a couple of the escape trims if you want the adaptive cruise you need to take the panoramic roof, so would not be at all surprised if this was the same for the mach-e and come in around $1500 for the roof and 360 cameras.

Which leaves around $3500 for the performance pack. I suspect we won't be getting 6 piston calipers up front :( so imagine it will be the Magneride, sports seats and the other 20" wheels though for 3.5k it should really be enough to include 6 piston calipers.

Of course suspect the grabber blue with be the cost paint option, and if the rumor is true the other planned GT color would be the same.
My GT-PE with every option but the front license plate came to 75k including delivery.
Sponsored