Mirrors no longer folding

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I have the GTPE and the auto fold had been working beautifully.
Recently I noticed it has stopped working. The option is still enabled under Settings but the mirrors just dont fold inwards anymore.
So they stay out where they can be damaged, and also my pony logo is crooked and much less cool at night!

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/fix this? Thank you
Sponsored

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I have the GTPE and the auto fold had been working beautifully.
Recently I noticed it has stopped working. The option is still enabled under Settings but the mirrors just dont fold inwards anymore.
So they stay out where they can be damaged, and also my pony logo is crooked and much less cool at night!

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/fix this? Thank you
I had the issue when I first got my car. If they get moved manually they stop moving and they need to be reset. There is an instruction in the manual on how to do this if I remember

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I had the issue when I first got my car. If they get moved manually they stop moving and they need to be reset. There is an instruction in the manual on how to do this if I remember
Here is the text

LOOSE MIRROR
If your power-folding mirrors are manually folded, they may not work properly even after you re-position them. You need to reset them if:
  • The mirrors vibrate when you drive.
  • The mirrors feel loose.
  • The mirrors do not stay in the folded or unfolded position.
  • One of the mirrors is not in its normal driving position.
To reset the power-fold feature, use the power-folding mirror control to fold and unfold the mirrors. You may hear a loud noise as you reset the power-folding mirrors. This sound is normal. Repeat this process as needed each time the mirrors are manually folded.

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
that did it! thank you both very much