Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMe Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired USAF
Country flag
Took delivery of Premium 4X Inf Blue last Friday. Couldn’t get phones to sink. Navigation system thought we were still in Mexico. Drive modes were British (Active, Untamed). Tire pressure was Tyre pressure. Favorites was Favourites.
Took the Mach E back to dealer on Saturday. Determined we would have to leave it for Service Dept to work on it.
They gave us a Premium 4 X loaner to use while they worked with Ford to fix it.
Went back Monday. Finally got iPhones to connect and Navigation system to recognize we were in Colorado, not Mexico.
But still couldn’t activate Ford Pass or PAAK. Two days later, finally everything works.
They disconnected all batteries in order to reprogram two modems.
local Dealer did everything they could to make it right. Hopefully Ford will catch these Modem glitches before delivery in the future.
Now it’s time to enjoy our new MME
Ford Mustang Mach-E Modem Glitch 518F4853-B340-4040-ABFF-7999A146D9C5
Ford Mustang Mach-E Modem Glitch F2DE7A39-3681-4A23-AC22-F7DF45F7CCD8

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
At least your steering wheel is on the left ;)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My modem may be glitching, too. I still haven’t received the first OTV update.

Last edited:

verbalkint28

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
My modem may be glitching, too. I still haven’t received the first OTV update.
same issue - Ford Pass says someone else is currently attempting to activate the vehicle, which I bought a week ago today. Ford Pass hasnt been helpful. called dealership, made appt, they worked on it for 3 hours, then sent me home saying nothing much they could do, but they would call me with a status (that was Monday). wondering if someone had already activated the car from the dealership, has the gps and a remote key to my car?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's rolling out in waves.
Something is rolling out from Ford in waves. I’m not sure it is the mythical Over-the-VaporAir update. Either that, or my modem must be glitch’n yo.

Not that it really matters since the first update doesn’t appear to fix anything that anyone can discern. I just find it mildly humorous that I can even get the first update that doesn’t appear to fix anything.

I’ll call customer service again. I’m sure they’ll know exactly what to do. The last one told me I haven’t received the update because I haven’t scheduled a specific time to receive it.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Took delivery of Premium 4X Inf Blue last Friday. Couldn’t get phones to sink. Navigation system thought we were still in Mexico. Drive modes were British (Active, Untamed). Tire pressure was Tyre pressure. Favorites was Favourites.
Took the Mach E back to dealer on Saturday. Determined we would have to leave it for Service Dept to work on it.
They gave us a Premium 4 X loaner to use while they worked with Ford to fix it.
Went back Monday. Finally got iPhones to connect and Navigation system to recognize we were in Colorado, not Mexico.
But still couldn’t activate Ford Pass or PAAK. Two days later, finally everything works.
They disconnected all batteries in order to reprogram two modems.
local Dealer did everything they could to make it right. Hopefully Ford will catch these Modem glitches before delivery in the future.
Now it’s time to enjoy our new MME
I had a similar experience with a Focus CC3 convertible a few years ago. Couldn't get any of the voice controls to work. When I did the lady was talking back in German. The factory had put the wrong voice control module in the car even though the steering wheel was on the right. Guess yours was similar. At least it was in the same (almost) language.

MaggieTate

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Mustang
Occupation
Communications
Country flag
same issue - Ford Pass says someone else is currently attempting to activate the vehicle, which I bought a week ago today. Ford Pass hasnt been helpful. called dealership, made appt, they worked on it for 3 hours, then sent me home saying nothing much they could do, but they would call me with a status (that was Monday). wondering if someone had already activated the car from the dealership, has the gps and a remote key to my car?
We still can’t get the car to activate on the Ford Pass app. I’ve spent probably close to 8-10 hours on calls with the app folks and at the dealers. Still waiting for a call back from Ford after “elevating “ the issue twice.

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Tom,

I don't have a lot of confidence in the Ford Pass App, I had it freeze one me in the past, particularly during charging when I wanted to check the charge level.

Also, once away from home my phone lost service and I couldn't use the PAAK for anything, and I had forgotten my backup password. Had to ask my son to bring me the key!

It is something nice to have but I always have the key on me since then.
Sponsored