Modern Spare for Mach-E GT: Will it fit in frunk if deflated?

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I would love to get a Modern Spare for my GT, but I don't want to keep it anywhere in the main cabin (including in the rear storage area). I was wondering if it would fit in the frunk if fully deflated. If so, I can store it there and, if/when I need it, I can use the car's compressor to return it to pressure.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Has anyone tried it? Thanks. {Jonathan}
Sponsored

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
It's not foldable. It's a tire. It will take A LOT a real estate in the trunk. We have one in each of the cars. Deflating it would not save space and would cause frustration to inflate. Especially if you're in the rain or something.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've seen quite a few threads on spare tires on this forum. I don't think there's any way you can elegantly fit it in the frunk or the bottom part of the trunk.

What the general consensus seems to be is that if you are traveling within 100 miles of home, leave it at home. If you are taking a road trip then bring it with you and just throw it in the trunk. This is because most insurance will cover a tow/repair within the 100 miles.

OP
OP
JonathanEzor

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I've seen quite a few threads on spare tires on this forum. I don't think there's any way you can elegantly fit it in the frunk or the bottom part of the trunk.

What the general consensus seems to be is that if you are traveling within 100 miles of home, leave it at home. If you are taking a road trip then bring it with you and just throw it in the trunk. This is because most insurance will cover a tow/repair within the 100 miles.
Thanks. That had been my plan, except my wife *really* does not like the smell of rubber or the idea of a tire in the cabin with us, regardless of how useful it would be. Ah well, I'll save money on the spare, keep a patch kit in the car, and hope for the best. {Jonathan}
Sponsored