zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Take the exit East to Queen Creek. Nope. No reason to go that way since it's basically a dead end as far as the interstate system goes.
No reason!? My house!

I-17? Although not very efficient through the mountains.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No reason!? My house!

I-17? Although not very efficient through the mountains.
And wouldn't you be surprised to have that truck roll up to your driveway! :)

I looked at the window sticker in this thread
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/first-look-at-a-mach-e-window-sticker.1844/
and it appears that example is for an executive vehicle. Two major items to take note of from that Monroney label is the lack of EPA data and the diagonal "VEHICLE NOT FOR SALE" over the silhouette image.

I think I see that same diagonal image in the window of the Carbonized Grey car on that trailer.
Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me though.....but maybe not.

I think I am going to say these are Executive cars destined for California. Yes. That will be my final answer please. :)

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What is the Facebook image? It’s blanked out for me?
I copied all the images. The FB Link only works if you’re a member of the MCA FB group.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And wouldn't you be surprised to have that truck roll up to your driveway! :)

I looked at the window sticker in this thread
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/first-look-at-a-mach-e-window-sticker.1844/
and it appears that example is for an executive vehicle. Two major items to take note of from that Monroney label is the lack of EPA data and the diagonal "VEHICLE NOT FOR SALE" over the silhouette image.

I think I see that same diagonal image in the window of the Carbonized Grey car on that trailer.
Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me though.....but maybe not.

I think I am going to say these are Executive cars destined for California. Yes. That will be my final answer please. :)
I’m betting more Mach E Tour or similar vehicles.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I’m betting more Mach E Tour or similar vehicles.
I guess that could be another option....
The window sticker is in conflict with that theory though. Did any of the Pre-Production vehicles have window stickers that we know about? I don't remember seeing any but that doesn't mean they didn't exist.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I guess that could be another option....
The window sticker is in conflict with that theory though. Did any of the Pre-Production vehicles have window stickers that we know about? I don't remember seeing any but that doesn't mean they didn't exist.
Not sure the window stickers mean much. Executive cars probably will go to Detroit not CA. Thinking demo cars/dealer cars - remember test drive vehicles are due at some dealers in late Nov - may for that purpose?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not sure the window stickers mean much. Executive cars probably will go to Detroit not CA. Thinking demo cars/dealer cars - remember test drive vehicles are due at some dealers in late Nov - may for that purpose?
That was my first though. FCTP cars. But then that is in conflict with the OKTB info we received from our insider....and he has been quite reliable with most things that have come to pass.

Are there not any Ford executives in California? It's the largest market in the U.S. so I would think there is a regional presence there but I am just making an assumption there....

The window stickers are a bit significant in my view. They usually print with the invoice. The invoice is usually a dealer invoice but it can also be a zone invoice which is basically a special use situation (of which there are several variants). Cars with zone invoices usually get a dealer invoice later. It sort of appears as if that vehicle is sold twice but not really. Those window stickers look like the type that would print with a zone invoice because I think I see a hint of a shadow for the 'VEHICLE NOT FOR SALE' message that we know appear on executive cars (one of the zone invoice variants).

I suppose the pre-production cars could have the same type of window sticker but I don't see why there would be any invoice printed. Those cars are usually destroyed after they have served their purpose. Plus, I am pretty sure there was some information from the plant stating that all the pre-production units have been completed quite a while ago. Seems a bit late in the game to still be shipping those things somewhere. Do we know if California requires some additional testing that happens in California?

Well, either way it looks great to see these things out in the wild on a more regular basis. Pretty soon there are going to be photos of personal vehicles and their proud owners all over the place. MGA is going to have to get over it or get left behind. :)

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
That was my first though. FCTP cars. But then that is in conflict with the OKTB info we received from our insider....and he has been quite reliable with most things that have come to pass.

Are there not any Ford executives in California? It's the largest market in the U.S. so I would think there is a regional presence there but I am just making an assumption there....

The window stickers are a bit significant in my view. They usually print with the invoice. The invoice is usually a dealer invoice but it can also be a zone invoice which is basically a special use situation (of which there are several variants). Cars with zone invoices usually get a dealer invoice later. It sort of appears as if that vehicle is sold twice but not really. Those window stickers look like the type that would print with a zone invoice because I think I see a hint of a shadow for the 'VEHICLE NOT FOR SALE' message that we know appear on executive cars (one of the zone invoice variants).

I suppose the pre-production cars could have the same type of window sticker but I don't see why there would be any invoice printed. Those cars are usually destroyed after they have served their purpose. Plus, I am pretty sure there was some information from the plant stating that all the pre-production units have been completed quite a while ago. Seems a bit late in the game to still be shipping those things somewhere. Do we know if California requires some additional testing that happens in California?

Well, either way it looks great to see these things out in the wild on a more regular basis. Pretty soon there are going to be photos of personal vehicles and their proud owners all over the place. MGA is going to have to get over it or get left behind. :)
Front 2 have rt1 wheels with low gloss black areo covers which were to be sparkle silver and black in original brochure. Sure they can be painted if we get tired of dull black look.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
A bird told me that dealers are getting their demo cars in the next few weeks and might even let future owners take them out for a while. Will see if that comes true but seeing cars getting shipped is a good sign.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
A bird told me that dealers are getting their demo cars in the next few weeks and might even let future owners take them out for a while. Will see if that comes true but sounds but seeing cars getting shipped is a good sign.
I had heard a while back from my source in Cuautitlan that some of the pre-production models may be sent to dealers for showing off and potentially test drives. These wouldn't be actual FCTP and most probably could not be sold.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had heard a while back from my source in Cuautitlan that some of the pre-production models may be sent to dealers for showing off and potentially test drives. These wouldn't be actual FCTP and most probably could not be sold.
It looks to be the case, I missed the local tour at my dealer and really would love a first hand drive. Seeing it is one thing, but driving is something else and really what I’m craving for excitement.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
It's not uncommon for vehicles to leave the factory with a not for sale and EPA numbers missing and stack up on dealers lots.

Upon EPA certifying the Automakers test and submissions, the vehicles can then be released for sale. Not saying that's the case here, but it does occur often with completely new models.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Makes sense and the clues fit that theory better than what I was suggesting.

It does make me wonder where they have been keeping these PP cars though. Some of those Road Show cars had less than 100 miles on the clock. The one we had here in Phoenix had about 250 miles or so if I remember correctly. The cars on that trailer still had the wrapping on them. And of course still have the window stickers that I am so fixated on.....
I image those three cars to have less than 10 miles each. Maybe there is a warehouse in El Paso with a few of these left still?
Sponsored